Envoy Driver Side Sun Visor

Joe_Coach

Original poster
Dec 17, 2011
Hey all,
I have a 04 Envoy and I had the sunroof replaced last summer. While the dealer was replacing it they broke both sunvisors. They replaced the passenger side one while they had it, but not the driver side. They said the part was on back order or unavailabe and they would replace it for free when one comes in. Well, this was last August and, after several attempts to contact the dealer, they are still saying that the visor is unavailable. Does anyone know if its actually on back order from every dealer in the country or if I am just getting the run around from my dealer.

jrSS

Dec 4, 2011
Sounds to me ur getting the runaround. Look up gmpartsgiant.com. they should have one.

blazinlow89

Jan 25, 2012
I am going to say it is back ordered through most dealers. I waited 4 weeks for them to tell me that it would be another 6 weeks before the passenger side one would be in, the driver side was who the hell knows how long. I was told 3-5 moths.

Gmpartsdirect will most likely have it though. Not sure what the issue was but I just had them give me the money for them in a check and I went to the salvage yard.

Joe_Coach

Original poster
Dec 17, 2011
blazinlow89 said:
Not sure what the issue was but I just had them give me the money for them in a check and I went to the salvage yard.

Did they give you a hard time about getting the money back? I have all the paperwork that says that the dealer will replace it but I've been a bit hesitant about going and asking for money.

blazinlow89

Jan 25, 2012
Joe_Coach said:
Did they give you a hard time about getting the money back? I have all the paperwork that says that the dealer will replace it but I've been a bit hesitant about going and asking for money.

Mine was through a body shop, they ordered them from the dealership. They told me back order time and I asked if they could cancel the order. The body shop was awesome and Progressive impressed the hell out of me.

Remember it never hurts to ask... I take that back there are some questions better left unanswered.

Voymom

Feb 3, 2012
Joe_Coach said:

You have a right to ask for the money, after all it was YOUR money first and you are entitled to it if they cannot replace the broken part in a timely fashion. Don't let them screw you over or give you the ring around, because if they know they can string you by the balls once, they will make a HUGE habit out of it all the time. Good luck!!

Joe_Coach

Original poster
Dec 17, 2011
Thanks for all the help. I'm gonna go and get my $$ back lol

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online