engine to frame bracket removal? help asap

j-bone

Original poster
May 5, 2014
Hi all , I'm doing spark plugs on my moms 06 buick ranier with the 5.3l on the passenger side I have already lost 1 socket and now just lost my universal inside the motor mount . how much of a pain is it to remove the frame bracket? If i do it im going to put new struts in as well because they need to be done. can i just support the oil pan and un bolt or is it more involved ? :confused:

jimmyjam

Nov 18, 2011
i'd take a magnet stick grabber thing and fish around for it. its a pain to remove motor mounts without pulling the engine

j-bone

Original poster
May 5, 2014
I fished for about a half hour and got nothing . ill re group in the am , i'm talking about the bracket that mounts to the frame looking again it looks like it will drop straight down . guess ill find out if i end up dropping it .

jimmyjam

Nov 18, 2011
the bracket that mounts to the frame comes out up, not down.

gmcman

Dec 12, 2011
The tools fell in there, so there's a way back out. I know that doesn't help you much but I have had great success with one of these. There's a side shield so it doesn't tend to grab on the sides of objects. You could get one and snip the end leaving about 1/2", fasten a line to it and lower it with a fishing line or small piece of twine.

Just an idea.

Attachments

• magnetic tool1.jpg
    magnetic tool1.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 8

j-bone

Original poster
May 5, 2014
well i pulled the struts and there was enough room to get my fingers in there through the hole in the strut tower .

C-ya

Aug 24, 2012

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zenkick

Members Online