Editing posts.

fishsticks

Original poster
Nov 21, 2011
It seems that after a time the ability to edit one's post goes away. I believe TV did this same thing.

This makes it really difficult to update/correct/add information in How-To threads.

Any chance of getting this changed so we can go back and edit posts later?

Mark20

Dec 6, 2011
I noticed that when wanting to correct some grammar in a post of mine.

Sent from my Android using Tapatalk.

Jman423

Administrator
Mar 24, 2014
United States
Most "How-To" posts will be promoted to articles and will not be able to be edited by members anyway.

There are too many downsides to allowing people to edit their posts. This is a low priority at the moment, I have too much else to catch up on first. I will come back to this and we can discuss it more.

cbwilsha

Dec 4, 2011
Jman--When you do reconsider the Edit question, please give some thought to allowing the original poster to Delete his post if he desires. I needed that option just yesterday and had to just add an EDIT note to my original post to disregard the first post. Thanks for your consideration. I realize you have your hands full right now and you guys have done an outstanding job getting this site up and running practically flawlessly. Also looks like a big success already.

C.B.

Ghoster

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 18, 2011
cbwilsha said:
Jman--When you do reconsider the Edit question, please give some thought to allowing the original poster to Delete his post if he desires. I needed that option just yesterday and had to just add an EDIT note to my original post to disregard the first post. Thanks for your consideration. I realize you have your hands full right now and you guys have done an outstanding job getting this site up and running practically flawlessly. Also looks like a big success already.

C.B.

The problem with deleting posts is it screws up the continuity of a thread. While some people would use it responsibly, I can assure you that in general it would be abused. Its the same issue with editing. Way too many instances of people getting mad and going back and deleting everything they ever wrote, which once again destroys the continuity of the threads.

fishsticks

Original poster
Nov 21, 2011
Jman423 said:
Most "How-To" posts will be promoted to articles and will not be able to be edited by members anyway.

There are too many downsides to allowing people to edit their posts. This is a low priority at the moment, I have too much else to catch up on first. I will come back to this and we can discuss it more.

Fair enough. I realize you have a ton on your plate at the moment.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online