NEED HELP DVD Player Removal

ADKPADRE

Original poster
Sep 28, 2020
New York
I have an 06 Envoy and I am having a hard time removing the DVD player (Panasonic) from the ceiling. I am working on the sun roof repair. How do you get the player out? I have removed the mount bolts and the player is loose but will not drop down. Does someone have pictures or a good description as to how it comes out?

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
On the end with the 2 bolts, there is one of those christmas tree style trim holders, so it has to be pulled down on that end (its right in the center), and then slid back to disengage the holder on the other end.
s-l1600.jpg

ADKPADRE

Original poster
Sep 28, 2020
New York
I do not think that this is accurate picture of what I have. My unit is more square and the DVD player faces the same direction as that long metal bracket. It would seem that this metal bracket is what is holding me up. Also I have 4 bolts on mine...

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
There are 3 different types...

Small Style -

Long Style 1 -

Long Style 2 -

The key differences on one of the long style is a cage that basically protects the dvd player, it also recesses into the headliner, and It also changes the angle in which the player operates.

The other long style is surface mounted.

You can look at the pictures, and see they all have a christmas tree style trim pop rivet thingy (no idea what they are called other than pain in the ass).

Last edited:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brianhvac

Members Online

No members online now.