Dorman #85876 $6.56 Reverse Light Socket

Vonhendon

Original poster
Dec 7, 2011
Has anybody used this part to replace there reverse light socket before or does everybody use the AC Delco #LS108

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
I think that's the issue. They hardly ever fail except for corrosion, and Dorman's a perfectly good substitute, and it's a cheap part anyway so nobody's done an in depth engineering analysis on how much better the Dorman might be. Sorry.

We normally have ten times the number of responses here than at trailvoy nowadays.

Vonhendon

Original poster
Dec 7, 2011
Thanks for the response, had Napa order me one for $40 something and it looked just like the Dorman , Stealership wanted $60 something. I'll be getting the Dorman. Mine was corroded out and stopping me from passing inspection.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
I had to replace mine as both were badly corroded. I just went to a garage and grabbed a couple from the front side markers of some old truck in the yard. I think I just had to cut off a couple of the tabs off to fit in the hole. To prevent corrosion, just add a dab of silicone grease in the socket no matter which one you use. I do this to all my sockets.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Never mind what I said. That was for the license plate lights :redface:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fishermandude

Members Online

No members online now.