door speakers

psycho91

Original poster
Mar 27, 2012
Me and my cuz were looking at my speakers and are the front speakers suppossed to be backwards, like I see the back of the speaker instead of the face of it, I could see the back ones being put in backwards but not the front ones

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
psycho91 said:
Me and my cuz were looking at my speakers and are the front speakers suppossed to be backwards, like I see the back of the speaker instead of the face of it, I could see the back ones being put in backwards but not the front ones

could be possible, but the speakers are in a mounting brace if you wanna call it that so maybe youre seeing that??... so youre saying youre seeing the magnet instead of the cone when you look at it?

sounds kinda odd, but anything is possible when other people have a crack at vehicles before you get them..

YOUNG

Dec 4, 2011
i could see them mounted in there backwards, but no idea why anyone would ever do it that way.. Door speakers are supposed to be facing at you for the best sound. thats why guys who do fiberglass angle the speakers up torwards the people. and put tweeters up close!

But i would just take them loose. flip them around and put them back in..

STLtrailbSS

Dec 4, 2011
Do you have a bose system?
Talking about this? If So thats your bose bass driver
20ce225c.jpg

Pic Courtesy Of May03

psycho91

Original poster
Mar 27, 2012
I'm positive its backwards, and idk if it has the Bose system, how do I take the door panel off

Mark20

Dec 6, 2011
Don't want to start a new thread...

Well I just bozo'ed my switch trim on the drivers door and cracked it while removing it to install the new speaker. Its just windows, window lock and door lock. Any ideas where I can get a replacement trim piece? I hope I don't have to buy the whole assembly. Did find one on eBay but it had extra cutouts for options I don't have.

Mark20

Dec 6, 2011

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
Mark20 said:
Don't want to start a new thread...

Well I just bozo'ed my switch trim on the drivers door and cracked it while removing it to install the new speaker. Its just windows, window lock and door lock. Any ideas where I can get a replacement trim piece? I hope I don't have to buy the whole assembly. Did find one on eBay but it had extra cutouts for options I don't have.

I'm willing to bet you can't get just the piece.. I would try a junk yard and go from there...

Mark20

Dec 6, 2011
Since it relates here's a link to the reply I put in What Did You Do To Your GMT Today thread...

Front speaker replacement

blazinlow89

Jan 25, 2012
What is all of this nonsense of swapping speakers from front to back. They are all the same speaker, the rear do not have tweeters. If you dont want the tweeter unplug it. If you want to put aftermarket ones in you might need to modify the speaker mounting bracket depending on size. I put 6 3/4" in the front and rear, needed to do some cutting to get the basket to fit. I removed the stock tweeters.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cunra731

Members Online

No members online now.