Door "open" when closed issue

Playsinsnow

Original poster
Nov 17, 2012
I just noticed that my DIC says "driver door open" and dome lights stay on when I closed the door. Shut it off and tried again, opening then closing door.

When the doors locked with speed, auto DIC setting, the dome lights turned off. Now, my DIC does not tell me whether any of the the doors are open when I open them. I found a few threads regarding the DDM, but the OP's had more than one issue. TIA, fwiw all my dd switches work.

BlazingTrails

Apr 27, 2014
I'm not sure what All these acronyms mean. But I do know that function is controlled by a switch inside the door on the pivot arm. My truck was having the same problem and it would not turn off the radio, and when I locked my truck the security light was on. All I did was lubricate it, and it has Been fine for months now.

blazinlow89

Jan 25, 2012
DIC- Drivers information center
DDM- drivers door module
DD- driver door
TIA-t hanks in advance
fwiw- for whats worth

I do not have all the fancy controls in the TB. However my truck will think the door is open and keep the dome lights on. Might take 2 or 3 times opening and slamming the door while driving to go off.

Playsinsnow

Original poster
Nov 17, 2012
Update: It still thinks the driver door is open at times. When it does "close", (according the the dome lights and DIC) the other doors will not alert the DIC or dome lights that it has been opened. It happened quite sporadic as we spent the day in and out of it on state land.

I also have the security lock settings to beep on the 2nd lock press. Sometimes it won't beep similar to a door left ajar or it will no problem. Is this a gremlin I have to track?

Playsinsnow

Original poster
Nov 17, 2012
BlazingTrails said:
Did you not check the switch I mentioned?
Sorry, I haven't. Is it under the door trim/molding? How exactly do I get to it, I did not see it outside in the door jamb.

BlazingTrails

Apr 27, 2014
It it's not easy to get to. It's inside the door where the arm is. If you stick your finger in there you can feel it. You may be able to lube it from there. I put grease on my finger and got it from there. You should be able to figure out out

Playsinsnow

Original poster
Nov 17, 2012
BlazingTrails said:
It it's not easy to get to. It's inside the door where the arm is. If you stick your finger in there you can feel it. You may be able to lube it from there. I put grease on my finger and got it from there. You should be able to figure out out
Can I trouble you for a pic of where you stuck your finger in :blush:

:lipsrsealed:

Thanks BlazinT

IllogicTC

Dec 30, 2013
If the switch checks out I would suspect wiring. It is in the door after all, and while a perfect seal is desired it isn't always possible to maintain especially as these things age. I remember reading about people having to replace their Bose speakers due to corrosion before.

I do find the setup rather strange, rather than having one of those little buttons that the door presses up against like the "good ol' days." I wonder if there was a specific reason behind it.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brianhvac

Members Online