NEED HELP Door Ajar Warning

woodja

Original poster
Dec 24, 2012
05 Silverado 1500 LS 4x4 5.3
Initial indication of a problem a month ago - horn alarm went off twice on its own. Found a dead battery - replaced it. Went out of town for a week. Returned to:
DIC indicated Drivers Door Ajar even though its closed well.
Interior lights stay on as well as door attempts to auto lock repeatedly while travelling.

I have searched the threads and I get; Drivers Door Module issue possible, Latch mounted ajar switch harness possible, stuck switch possible, and lastly Body Control Module possible as causes.

I have lubed the latch as recommended. About to swap driver and passenger door modules to see if the problem follows. Any other suggestions recommendations out there?

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Since the DIC is telling you it's the driver's door, swapping with the PDM is a good next step. If the DIC changes to the passenger side, you know it's the module. If it stays with the driver's side, I'd suspect a bad door ajar switch in the driver's door, an would troubleshoot that next.

Reactions: Mooseman

Mike534x

Apr 9, 2012
My Avalanche had similar signs when the door module was beginning to fail and the switch going completely soon after. Took care of the DIC constantly reminding me my closed driver door was open, and having interior lights that turn off when they're supposed to.

woodja

Original poster
Dec 24, 2012
Solved: Door Latch with ajar switch built in failed. The swap of DDM with PDM did not migrate the problem. The ajar warning did go away with the swap but the problem did not become a passenger door ajar warning as an indication of a bad DDM. This was telling.
As a precaution I tested the wires from DDM to door ajar sensor for continuity, tested the ajar sensor as well by triggering the latch.
This little problem was annoying as there are a lot of items that "could" be a cause.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mynamesjeff

Members Online