Dont Talk About Your Parents

Fire06

Dec 18, 2011
My wife has stayed home to raise our kids and I agree , I think our kids have turned out great it is good for them to have a parent around all the time. The only problem is that money gets tight but you live with it do with out " except if it is for the kids " And then move on. Not all the time but the parents that both work are never home seem to have the kids that nobody likes then again I have seen the same for the stay at home parent whose kids are just animals because the parents let them run wild

Jan 4, 2012
TollKeeper said:
As a kid that was abused, had become property of the state, and was living on the streets at the age of 12..

The only thing I would have done diferently was not shoot the laptop. Those things cost money. But also, as mentioned, living on the streets since 12 years old, I learned the value of every penny I had in my possesion, at a very early age..

Past that, I dont think he over reacted. I only wish more parents would, for lack of a better term, grow a set of balls, and raise their kids properly. I also wish the government would quit interferring in the way someone raises their kid. How I raise my kids is inbetween me, my wife, and my god/higher power.

We have been a failing country for years, since around the 50's or so. As soon as we went from a single income home, to being a needed dual income home, our kids have since been raised by nannys, xbox, ps3, internet, etc. And we can all see the morals expressed there.

I have informed my wife, that as soon as she becomes pregnant, one of us is going to be quitting their job. My child is going to be raised, hopefully, the correct way, knowing who the family is, from mother/father, uncles, cousins, aunts, grandparents, great grand parents, etc. None of my kids will live the live of a broke, dysfunctional, screwed up family.

I can only hope that I can live up to my own words.. :confused:

you will, the first part is just acknowledging what you have learnt from your past, then the next step is what you want to raise your kids and then you follow through with it, don't forget you have support here, so I think you will be a great parent, your child will be very lucky and appreciative to have a parent like you!!!!!!

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
Off Road Bella said:
you will, the first part is just acknowledging what you have learnt from your past, then the next step is what you want to raise your kids and then you follow through with it, don't forget you have support here, so I think you will be a great parent, your child will be very lucky and appreciative to have a parent like you!!!!!!

I can only hope.. My wife wants 2-3 kids. I have already made the threat that after 1, i am going to the Vet!

EDIT: What can I say, kids scare the CRAP out of me!

Fire06

Dec 18, 2011
TollKeeper said:
I can only hope.. My wife wants 2-3 kids. I have already made the threat that after 1, i am going to the Vet!

EDIT: What can I say, kids scare the CRAP out of me!

Tollkeeper I have 3 kids and it is great. The thing I joke about is that we (the wife and me) really do not have a life other than the kids. We but the time in there and I fell it has paid off huge. But it is so great watching them grow up doing stuff , like sports and and school activities and just what ever. It is a great felling but you have to put you rtime in with them. Hope this does not scare you but it is well worth it. The only thing that really scares me is that I have 2 girls and that means boys are going to be coming around. And as I tell my girls " boys are pigs , they lie and only want one thing and then they lie again " Be strong you can do it:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Jkust

Dec 4, 2011
TollKeeper said:
As a kid that was abused, had become property of the state, and was living on the streets at the age of 12..

The only thing I would have done diferently was not shoot the laptop. Those things cost money. But also, as mentioned, living on the streets since 12 years old, I learned the value of every penny I had in my possesion, at a very early age..

Past that, I dont think he over reacted. I only wish more parents would, for lack of a better term, grow a set of balls, and raise their kids properly. I also wish the government would quit interferring in the way someone raises their kid. How I raise my kids is inbetween me, my wife, and my god/higher power.

We have been a failing country for years, since around the 50's or so. As soon as we went from a single income home, to being a needed dual income home, our kids have since been raised by nannys, xbox, ps3, internet, etc. And we can all see the morals expressed there.

I have informed my wife, that as soon as she becomes pregnant, one of us is going to be quitting their job. My child is going to be raised, hopefully, the correct way, knowing who the family is, from mother/father, uncles, cousins, aunts, grandparents, great grand parents, etc. None of my kids will live the live of a broke, dysfunctional, screwed up family.

I can only hope that I can live up to my own words.. :confused:

It all sounds so easy. Much of the problem is the politically correct society and the liberal mentality that spread far too easily and those outside forces dictating how you can raise your kids. When's the last time you heard a good Polish joke...probably about 1990 for me. My take on it all is that good personal choices however can still overcome the liberal scum and the government that have permeated our society. Unless you have a very good job, it is tough to save for college, retirement, fixed expenses, pay student loans and the unforseen suprises on one income given even gas is now expensive. Plus if you want to live in a nice area with good, two parent families who do have decent morals and ethics, the equation just got more expensive. Living responsibly is very expensive. One of the keys for us was my wife started her own company when our oldest was still little so we got the double income and she stays at home. What seems to be the case in society today is that it is acceptable to play the victim and blame everybody else but yourself and that failure is vaunted while success is vilified. Literally our current president is the posterchild for this mentality and so I don't see things getting better quite yet.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chirobo1

Members Online

No members online now.