Dodge Challenger 0-60

amweaver47

Original poster
May 15, 2012
Alright put up or shut up time. Whoever guesses closest to my time wins... well bragging rights are always good right.

Brand new Challenger. 5.7 Liter V8. Automatic. On the street.

Go for it!

IllogicTC

Dec 30, 2013
Brand new, eh? And you're trying to post 0-60 times without going through engine break-in? In that case I'll be instead guessing the amount of time before your vehicle goes back to the dealer for major repairs.

amweaver47

Original poster
May 15, 2012
IllogicTC said:
Brand new, eh? And you're trying to post 0-60 times without going through engine break-in? In that case I'll be instead guessing the amount of time before your vehicle goes back to the dealer for major repairs.
I should have phrased it differently. NOT brand new like off the lot. I think it has 3,800 miles if I remember correctly. I was told to be careful with it but to have fun.

It's not MOPARnation where I'm sitting, more like off topic pictures. I figured we would have some people that appreciate performance without HAVING to have a bowtie. I don't even like Dodges but I still respect the performance of the Challenger.

Christ I don't think I've ever been flamed so hard. Back to the drawing board on thread starting for me.

IllogicTC

Dec 30, 2013
amweaver47 said:
I should have phrased it differently. NOT brand new like off the lot. I think it has 3,800 miles if I remember correctly. I was told to be careful with it but to have fun.

It's not MOPARnation where I'm sitting, more like off topic pictures. I figured we would have some people that appreciate performance without HAVING to have a bowtie. I don't even like Dodges but I still respect the performance of the Challenger.

Christ I don't think I've ever been flamed so hard. Back to the drawing board on thread starting for me.
I admittedly enjoy the retro-styling. When they first reintroduced the Charger it looked exactly like the Chrysler 300C with a Dodge cross-grille on the front. So stupid...

amweaver47

Original poster
May 15, 2012
IllogicTC said:
I admittedly enjoy the retro-styling. When they first reintroduced the Charger it looked exactly like the Chrysler 300C with a Dodge cross-grille on the front. So stupid...
I prefer the styling before it was retro even more. Circa 1970 for me. Charger is just a car, nothing more nothing less. My only complaint about the Challenger, between your passenger headrest and the foot-wide c pillar, its very difficult to see out of that side of the car. First thing I noticed backing out of the owners driveway. You could easily back out in front of traffic.

That being said, any guess on the 0-60?

amweaver47

Original poster
May 15, 2012
Dmanns67 was closest. 5.30 was the best I could do. The owner of the car said he got down to a 5.0X but has yet to break into the 4s. The Challenger is faster than I gave it credit for considering it was just the mid range 5.7 and an automatic. Definitely a cool car to me. I wouldn't trade my 71 Mustang for one though, I'll take my muscle without plastic.

Reactions: Mounce and dmanns67

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fhenninger

Members Online

No members online now.