did the Scosche crap out on me? :/

NinjuhhNutz

Original poster
Oct 15, 2012
I reverted back to my oem HU about a year ago, when my cheap-o motorized in-dashed crapped out on me.
Today my double din arrived, and I thought I was going to get it all installed before going to work (the headlight gods were displeased, as I should have been working on my retrofit :ugh:
I connect all the wires to the little adapter that I bought about 5 years ago that I had been using with the other receiver, and no-joy
broke out the trusty dmm and checked the 12v/acc wires from the adapter....something's not right here?
took it to the bench in my barn, and hooked it up to my power supply (connected the power supply to the wire joints between the gm2k and the hu) and YAYYYY it works, as well as the GM2000 chimes worked?
so, it's not the HU, and the gm2000 obviously works? so I'm gonna put the stock hu back in for now, head to work, contemplate a bit while I'm there, and give it another go when I get home tonight (around 1am eastern :frown:)

SBUBandit

Dec 5, 2011
NinjuhhNutz said:
I reverted back to my oem HU about a year ago, when my cheap-o motorized in-dashed crapped out on me.
Today my double din arrived, and I thought I was going to get it all installed before going to work (the headlight gods were displeased, as I should have been working on my retrofit :ugh:
I connect all the wires to the little adapter that I bought about 5 years ago that I had been using with the other receiver, and no-joy
broke out the trusty dmm and checked the 12v/acc wires from the adapter....something's not right here?
took it to the bench in my barn, and hooked it up to my power supply (connected the power supply to the wire joints between the gm2k and the hu) and YAYYYY it works, as well as the GM2000 chimes worked?
so, it's not the HU, and the gm2000 obviously works? so I'm gonna put the stock hu back in for now, head to work, contemplate a bit while I'm there, and give it another go when I get home tonight (around 1am eastern :frown:)

possibly a problem in that little adapter?

RayVoy

Nov 20, 2011
NinjuhhNutz said:
so I'm gonna put the stock hu back in for now, head to work, contemplate a bit while I'm there, and give it another go when I get home tonight (around 1am eastern :frown:)
Guessing the stock head didn't work either :undecided:, maybe you popped a fuse.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
memoremix

Members Online