Did GM change the rear wiper arm design?

ElAviator72

Original poster
Jan 11, 2012
Just wondering, because our '07 has a very large plastic guard over the wiper arm.

I see just about everyone else's TB or Envoy on the road, and they have a very skinny metalic looking arm.

Did they lose the guard, or did GM just never put those on earlier trucks?

I know '07s and up are kind of rare since GM cut 2007 GMT360 production in half from 2006...and it went down even further until the end of prodcution.

ItsOnVoy

Nov 21, 2011
From 07 and up GM changed the motor a bit adding more HP to it and also they changed the trims a bit like the rear wiper and the antenna etc. They did some simple stuff to it. But if you like that wiper a mod some do on here is change from the older one to that once since it looks better and cleaner. Its pretty easy

Uncle Blazer

Dec 8, 2011
ItsOnVoy said:
From 07 and up GM changed the motor a bit adding more HP to it and also they changed the trims a bit like the rear wiper and the antenna etc. They did some simple stuff to it. But if you like that wiper a mod some do on here is change from the older one to that once since it looks better and cleaner. Its pretty easy

Sounds like he already has the new style wiper arm

MAY03LT

Nov 18, 2011
Delmarva
868ac774.jpg

They sure did. Here's the old style compared to the new.

ItsOnVoy

Nov 21, 2011
Uncle Blazer said:
Sounds like he already has the new style wiper arm

Oh yeah opps lol missed that part!

woody79

Dec 3, 2011
Maybe your just special? :rotfl: Joking!

I also have the newer style ('08 TB). It looks a lot better in my opinion.

rolandsvoy

Jan 16, 2012
MAY03LT said:
868ac774.jpg

They sure did. Here's the old style compared to the new.

That 'old style' looks like the one thats on my Envoy. I hate it! Can the 'new style' be used on an Envoy?

ScarabEpic22

Nov 20, 2011
rolandsvoy said:
That 'old style' looks like the one thats on my Envoy. I hate it! Can the 'new style' be used on an Envoy?

Yes, in 07 GM switched ALL GMT360s to this new style arm. They swap no problem, I believe you should swap the blade holder as well too.

I like it a lot better on the SS than my 02, but Im still pissed it doesnt sweep the whole window properly. Ugh, just annoys me when its nasty outside and Im driving over a pass.

ItsOnVoy

Nov 21, 2011
[EBAY]260946927113[/EBAY]

TexazReece

Dec 4, 2011
Do it it'll make your truck look a lil better, use the anco rear wiper blade from eBay works well and only $13

CaptainXL

Dec 4, 2011
ScarabEpic22 said:
I believe you should swap the blade holder as well too.

Nope, I did this mod and the old holder works.

ItsOnVoy said:
[EBAY]260946927113[/EBAY]

I got the parts cheaper from the dealer for about $36 total. I was actually shocked. But YMMV

jrSS

Dec 4, 2011
TexazReece said:
Do it it'll make your truck look a lil better, use the anco rear wiper blade from eBay works well and only $13

The wiper blade from the dealership was only $12. Just sayin. Ifu do order the new style arm, the cap that goes on after bolting doesn't come with the arm. Stupid as hell but gotta order cap seperate and it only .96 cents.

ItsOnVoy

Nov 21, 2011
CaptainXL said:
I got the parts cheaper from the dealer for about $36 total. I was actually shocked. But YMMV

Really? That would be much better also! Can use the extra money for a blade. Will the blade I have now fit with the new style tho? Will the new blade connect all the way with the window or miss parts?

jrSS

Dec 4, 2011
ItsOnVoy said:
Really? That would be much better also! Can use the extra money for a blade. Will the blade I have now fit with the new style tho? Will the new blade connect all the way with the window or miss parts?

The newer style blade and older style blade are NOT interchangeable. Sorry bud

ItsOnVoy

Nov 21, 2011
silvernclean said:
The newer style blade and older style blade are NOT interchangeable. Sorry bud

Dang!! I just changed my blade a bit ago loll

BINGA

Jun 8, 2012
anybody know off hand the part number for the "new" 07+ wiper arm and 96 cent cover?

Short Bus

Dec 2, 2011
BINGA said:
anybody know off hand the part number for the "new" 07+ wiper arm and 96 cent cover?

Don't forget the new blade, your old blade won't work with the new arm.

Denali n DOO

May 22, 2012
CaptainXL said:
Nope, I did this mod and the old holder works.

I'm even more shocked :eek: ! When I inquired about these parts at the dealership 2 weeks ago the new style rear wiper arm was $80.00 and the blade for this new style arm was $25.00. I was also told that with the new style arm would ONLY work with the $25.00 GM blade designed for it. That was way too much! I bought a new rear blade yesterday, the catalogue thingy said I need 16" but I only have a 15", I didn't put it on yet but I think it will be okay. I'm not sure if they originally came with a 15" or 16".

Honestly I don't spend too much time driving backwards in the rain anyway :rotfl:!

Short Bus

Dec 2, 2011
Denali n DOO said:
I'm even more shocked :eek: ! When I inquired about these parts at the dealership 2 weeks ago the new style rear wiper arm was $80.00 and the blade for this new style arm was $25.00. I was also told that with the new style arm would ONLY work with the $25.00 GM blade designed for it. That was way too much! I bought a new rear blade yesterday, the catalogue thingy said I need 16" but I only have a 15", I didn't put it on yet but I think it will be okay. I'm not sure if they originally came with a 15" or 16".

Honestly I don't spend too much time driving backwards in the rain anyway :rotfl:!

I have a 17" blade and it fits fine. It was a little close when I had the rear glass handle.

IHZ05VOY

Dec 8, 2011
For anyone that wants to do this mod, gmpartsdirect.com is the best way to go right now

Part #
15232653 ARM $30.94
15232655 BLADE $7.21
15262789 Cap $0.57

No need to buy the ramp :raspberry:

IHZ05VOY

Dec 8, 2011
Denali n DOO said:

I have always used 16"

CaptainXL

Dec 4, 2011
IHZ05VOY said:
For anyone that wants to do this mod, gmpartsdirect.com is the best way to go right now

Part #
15232653 ARM $30.94
15232655 BLADE $7.21
15262789 Cap $0.57

No need to buy the ramp :raspberry:

With such a short list of relatively cheap items the dealer is more than likely going to be your cheapest bet. GMPartsdirect.com charges about $15 shipping on the first item never mind the additional items. They actually say on their website FAQ that they need to charge high amounts for shipping to cover website fees, labor, etc... At least they are honest.

IHZ05VOY

Dec 8, 2011
CaptainXL said:
With such a short list of relatively cheap items the dealer is more than likely going to be your cheapest bet. GMPartsdirect.com charges about $15 shipping on the first item never mind the additional items. They actually say on their website FAQ that they need to charge high amounts for shipping to cover website fees, labor, etc... At least they are honest.

My Bad forgot s&h, still $54 TOTAL. beats the stealership, they want $80

CaptainXL

Dec 4, 2011
IHZ05VOY said:
My Bad forgot s&h, still $54 TOTAL. beats the stealership, they want $80

Then you indeed have a stealership. I got all of my parts for around $36 before tax at my local GM dealer.

BTW, Did you know most GM dealerships are now able to lower the price if you bring in a printout from a parts website? It's in their best interest to compete with the likes of Autozone, Advance Auto, Oreilly's, PepBoys, and not to forget popular parts websites which includes GMPartsdirect.com. Try it.

IHZ05VOY

Dec 8, 2011
CaptainXL said:
Then you indeed have a stealership. I got all of my parts for around $36 before tax at my local GM dealer.

BTW, Did you know most GM dealerships are now able to lower the price if you bring in a printout from a parts website? It's in their best interest to compete with the likes of Autozone, Advance Auto, Oreilly's, PepBoys, and not to forget popular parts websites which includes GMPartsdirect.com. Try it.

Will do! another thing, the guy at the parts desk was having an epic blonde moment :dielaugh:. I almost jumped the counter just to show the dam computer who's boss. that being said, lets print them online prices.

did you take a printout?

i tried to do that when i got my ac delco sparks from auto zone. told the dude that if he price match the lower price from the internet, he said no because of s&h.

CaptainXL

Dec 4, 2011
IHZ05VOY said:
Will do! another thing, the guy at the parts desk was having an epic blonde moment :dielaugh:. I almost jumped the counter just to show the dam computer who's boss. that being said, lets print them online prices.

did you take a printout?

i tried to do that when i got my ac delco sparks from auto zone. told the dude that if he price match the lower price from the internet, he said no because of s&h.

Yes, bring a printout. Some dealer parts guys are smart as they are instructed to take into consideration shipping price when doing a price match for a customer.

My advice is this. Would you rather wait for non-OEM parts to ship from China or would you pay the same price and get genuine GM parts for the same price immediately? I have done this a couple of times on Saturday afternoon projects.

Lol. However it didn't work for the AC Delco power steering unit I needed a few weeks ago. The dealer just wanted too much (about $700) and he couldn't discount me that much. It depends on the part your getting. They need to be fairly/reasonably close in price.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online