Devil Eye Halo

2010 CamaroSS

Original poster
Dec 5, 2011
I've seen all the threads on the "halo" lights but they all refer back to the CCFL type halos and projectors.
!CEUEeiwBWk~$(KGrHqMOKpQE0U4gMq2tBNRd!irOmg~~_12.JPG

I have yet to see any threads on this type of housing. Has anyone ever tried this type:
2lhp-tblz02jm-rs.jpg

blazinlow89

Jan 25, 2012
There are about 3 or 4 threads either mentioning them or about them on here. So far no one ordered any (to my knowledge) and the general consensus is :confused:

http://gmtnation.com/f33/new-style-halo-headlight-4568/

only thread I found for now, I know that there is an earlier thread about them and they have popped up in discussion a few times. I kept looking but got side tracked with another thread, lol.

willn513

Dec 4, 2011
Looks kind of cool, but I would be wary of the build quality as most of the aftermarket euro/altezza style head and tails I've seen are pretty cheaply made.

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
I'm thinking they'd look good if it didn't have that squared of halo thing.
Of course then the other question is how good (or bad) is the projector?

Hm...

fadyasha

Dec 21, 2011
The devil eyes kinda look weird but you won't know until you actually see it installed. If you do go ahead with it then be sure to post some pics :smile:

BO TIE SS

Nov 18, 2011
2010 CamaroSS said:
I think I'm gonna guinea pig it and see how they work
Let me know if you get yours in. I ordered a set, but I will most likely mod them some before installation. :undecided:

CDJuda

Dec 28, 2012
just bought a similar casing from the same manufacturer, haven't heard much... Most people are happy with them, however they only come with a 6 month warranty and the board that controls the LED turn signals have been known to go bad... that info was given nearly a year ago though so I'm not sure if anything has changed.....

fadyasha

Dec 21, 2011
CDJuda said:
just bought a similar casing from the same manufacturer, haven't heard much... Most people are happy with them, however they only come with a 6 month warranty and the board that controls the LED turn signals have been known to go bad... that info was given nearly a year ago though so I'm not sure if anything has changed.....

It would be great if we can see any pics while they're installed. It's no surprise LEDs would burn out. I had to replace all the LEDs in my taillights and install resistors so they could last.

CDJuda

Dec 28, 2012
fadyasha said:
It would be great if we can see any pics while they're installed. It's no surprise LEDs would burn out. I had to replace all the LEDs in my taillights and install resistors so they could last.

It wasn't the LED's that were burning out, it was the circuit board built into the casing that was frying or crapping out. Again I'm not sure if it's still an issue, I bought them yesterday and they should arrive within 3-5 days. I'll have them installed the day after they get here... Will post pictures then... I did find a picture of a vehicle that was having problems with the casing, from the same post that mentioned the board problems.

Attachments

• IMG_0305.jpg
    IMG_0305.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 24
  • 4lhp-tblz02jm-ks_ebay.jpg
    4lhp-tblz02jm-ks_ebay.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 23

blazinlow89

Jan 25, 2012
I have had my set since Mid March, have not had any issues with the LED's along the bottom. I will wait to see if I can say the same after winter. I will say I am not sure if all of them are created equal. I see some sets going for over $500, and others for like $240. Both look identical, sometimes a brand name will be added. Not sure if they are the same manufacturer or copy cats.

The company I bought mine from was awesome. I had a resistor that did not work when they arrived so I emailed them, they sent me out a set which arrived a week later. Well they messed up and thought I was talking about the inverter. More expensive part and I have 2 spares. Just used the resistors I bought when I was playing with the LED bulbs in factory places.

fadyasha

Dec 21, 2011
My bad thought you were talking about the devil eyes not the CCFL halo projector design. I got the same ones and have had them for 2 years now and no problems at all

BO TIE SS

Nov 18, 2011
Here's a pre-mod install of the Devil Eye Halo... (not at all impressed with the halo)

off.jpg

on1.jpg

on2.jpg

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Doesn't look like it glows all that well, and the LEDs are painfully obvious.

So what is post-mod going to look like? What bulb does the projector use? How's the projector light output?

BO TIE SS

Nov 18, 2011
Sparky said:
So what is post-mod going to look like?
It's a secret. :Rumour: :raspberry:

Sparky said:
What bulb does the projector use?
H1

Sparky said:
How's the projector light output?
I don't know. I haven't purchased my HID H1 bulbs yet.

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Glad it is H1. I was afraid you were going to say H3. H3 was popular for a little while on the cheaper projectors and they suck for light output. H1 can be quite good IF the projector is done properly. Guess we'll find out.

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
Eww... :puke: those devil eye's look as bad as they did on ebay :rotfl:...

in for the final results of post mod to them though :yes:

jimmyjam

Nov 18, 2011
yeah... not a fan of any devil eyes in general. cool on the bimmers when they first dropped but the ricers have beat that horse to death...

BO TIE SS

Nov 18, 2011
2010 CamaroSS said:
you may be saving me some $$
fadyasha said:
so glad I didnt purchase lol!
I'm so glad I could be the one to throw myself on the grenade. :cool:

DFWWIZ

Dec 5, 2011
TexazReece said:
Damn how am I missing these threads........they look okay but how do they look at night?

You gotta get out of the big truck more often Reece! :wink: I think they would have been better using some side firing SMDs like what I have on the bottom edge of my headlamps. I also have these in longer versions and with alternate amber and white so white is on with parking lights and amber flashes with turn signals.

IMG_20121220_202545.jpg

BO TIE SS

Nov 18, 2011
TexazReece said:
how do they look at night?
Don't know. I took it back out and they're back in the box until I have time to start modding.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cunra731

Members Online

No members online now.