Delayed 2-3 shift

c0a8l0v6i8n9

Original poster
Mar 6, 2013
2003 Trailblazer 4x4. At medium throttle the 2-3 shifts at about 3000 rpm. It doesnt bang into gear it has a slip feel but no rpm jump. Does this sound like a rebuild or a solenoid or accumulater piston. Truck just turned 69k miles. Just changed the filter 1k miles ago. Fluid was brown, replaced the fluid from the pan drop with new dex 3.

WOT shifts fine just, low throttle shifts fine just medium throttle.

Thank you.

gmcman

Dec 12, 2011
It's one of those situations that even if you need a rebuild, freshening up the plate, pistons and even the valve seals/O-rings won't hurt and is far cheaper. I wouldn't add the boost valve which firms everything up and see how you like the vette servo/4th super hold servo first.

There's a kit available but I personally recommend the plate from the dealer..that's just me. If you get the plate aftermarket get one that has stock passages and hasn't been drilled for shift performance. This can be altered by a tune or adding a .500 boost valve later.

c0a8l0v6i8n9

Original poster
Mar 6, 2013
As an update I installed the new transgo plate today. Its thicker than the oem plate and only the stock holes are drilled. I also installed all 3 pinless sonnax accumulator pistons. I also change the isolator and converter regulator valve.

The shifts didn't change very much a tad bit firmer. Im installing the corvette servo tomorrow which should fix the shifts a bit.

The only thing very noticable is the torque converter lockup. Its firm now and actually feels like I have a 5th gear. I like the improvement.

kkoether

Aug 18, 2013
Pull the plug on your Cam Position Actuator Solenoid next to the power steering pump and look for oil in the plug. My wifes 2004 Rainier was shifting funny a few weeks back along with a drop in gas mileage. It was the CPAS. It had oil in the connector. I used some contact cleaner to clean it up. That help until I could get a new solenoid. It made a big difference. Runs and shifts properly now. It's a quick easy check.

c0a8l0v6i8n9

Original poster
Mar 6, 2013
kkoether said:
Pull the plug on your Cam Position Actuator Solenoid next to the power steering pump and look for oil in the plug. My wifes 2004 Rainier was shifting funny a few weeks back along with a drop in gas mileage. It was the CPAS. It had oil in the connector. I used some contact cleaner to clean it up. That help until I could get a new solenoid. It made a big difference. Runs and shifts properly now. It's a quick easy check.

My sensor was filled with oil. I cleaned it out with q-tips and put dielectric grease in it. I will order a new piece.

I installed the corvette servo today. What a difference it made. 1-2 is firm and gets more firm as you increase the throttle. 1-2 at WOT gives me a belt chirp. 2-3 cleaned up no more flare a bit more firm. Very pleased with it and highly recommend it.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
memoremix

Members Online