DEI 530t install

X97chevy

Original poster
Aug 26, 2012
Has anyone ever installed this unit? I have a couple of questions:
1. Do I have to run wires into each door window motor? Or can I just run into drivers door switches? If I do just run wires to drivers switches will each window have one touch up/down at there own switch?

Hope my question makes sense.
If no one knows I might do a write up to help the others out since I am gonna figure it out any ways.

Thanks!

Kuchar09

Dec 4, 2011
X97chevy said:
Has anyone ever installed this unit? I have a couple of questions:
1. Do I have to run wires into each door window motor? Or can I just run into drivers door switches? If I do just run wires to drivers switches will each window have one touch up/down at there own switch?

Hope my question makes sense.
If no one knows I might do a write up to help the others out since I am gonna figure it out any ways.

Thanks!

I have tried this on my TB but never got it working, I think I recited a defective unit but never did anything about it.

You have to run the wires to each door motor!
I do remember that from when I was messing with the unit.
I believe this would give you auto down to each switch to the window but not positive.

If I remember right my problem was that I could get the windows to go up and down with the remote but the door controls did nothing.
Good luck!! Hope you get it working

NinjuhhNutz

Oct 15, 2012
Kuchar09 said:
I have tried this on my TB but never got it working, I think I recited a defective unit but never did anything about it.

You have to run the wires to each door motor!
I do remember that from when I was messing with the unit.
I believe this would give you auto down to each switch to the window but not positive.

If I remember right my problem was that I could get the windows to go up and down with the remote but the door controls did nothing.
Good luck!! Hope you get it working

If you ran wires to the door from a relay, the aux out wire as the trigger for the relay, then you shouldn't have any issue with the door controls?
I'm finishing the install of my 5704 tomorrow (hopefully...I hate my work schedule lol) and gonna be feeding wires to the doors this way. We'll see how it works and update hopefully tomorrow before/after work.

blazinlow89

Jan 25, 2012
I was talking with MAY03LT earlier this year about the Omega system that does this. I have not had a chance to mess with it and I might try to install it in the next couple of months. Need to look back but i think something was different between the front and rear doors. The alarm portion with his help was absolutely painless and I cannot thank him enough for his help on it. Might have to start bugging him again about it.

NinjuhhNutz

Oct 15, 2012
blazinlow89 said:
I was talking with MAY03LT earlier this year about the Omega system that does this. I have not had a chance to mess with it and I might try to install it in the next couple of months. Need to look back but i think something was different between the front and rear doors. The alarm portion with his help was absolutely painless and I cannot thank him enough for his help on it. Might have to start bugging him again about it.

haha I hear that, he most definitely is the go-to guy for tb's...and quite friendly and eager to help at that~
seems to be the tone around here, heck I might just stick around :rotfl:

Kuchar09

Dec 4, 2011
NinjuhhNutz said:
If you ran wires to the door from a relay, the aux out wire as the trigger for the relay, then you shouldn't have any issue with the door controls?
I'm finishing the install of my 5704 tomorrow (hopefully...I hate my work schedule lol) and gonna be feeding wires to the doors this way. We'll see how it works and update hopefully tomorrow before/after work.

Yeah I think I just had a detective unit cuz it really seems so simple to hookup. When I opened my module I had a diode fall out which is never a good sign. I had a couple of professionals look at my wiring and they said it looked right but didn't know for sure since they didn't do it themselves.

Let me know how this works out tho! I still have all my wires ran so I just need to swap modules and attach the wires that are already ran into the doors to the motors.

I currently have my eye on a smart start module since my 2 way remote broke but trying to justify the cost of a new remote or smart start n a subscription :undecided:

NinjuhhNutz

Oct 15, 2012
Kuchar09 said:
Yeah I think I just had a detective unit cuz it really seems so simple to hookup. When I opened my module I had a diode fall out which is never a good sign. I had a couple of professionals look at my wiring and they said it looked right but didn't know for sure since they didn't do it themselves.

Let me know how this works out tho! I still have all my wires ran so I just need to swap modules and attach the wires that are already ran into the doors to the motors.

I currently have my eye on a smart start module since my 2 way remote broke but trying to justify the cost of a new remote or smart start n a subscription :undecided:

haven't forgotten about you bro...just been a hectic past few weeks, I'm still working on some things, and hopefully should be squared away soon...I'll update you when I get it figured out lol

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chirobo1

Members Online

No members online now.