Dash Vents

smooth605

Original poster
Jun 30, 2012
I have replace the mode actuator (main) and I still don't have air flow through the dash vents . If I pull the HVAC fuse out hot air flows through. Air comes through side, floor, defrost vents what can I check now?

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
Did you accomplish the 90-second fuse-pull HVAC control module recalibration process properly? Did you see the mode actuator go through its range of motion during the recalibration? Did you let the recalibration process finish without touching any of the controls?

smooth605

Original poster
Jun 30, 2012
the roadie said:
Did you accomplish the 90-second fuse-pull HVAC control module recalibration process properly? Did you see the mode actuator go through its range of motion during the recalibration? Did you let the recalibration process finish without touching any of the controls?

I am not sure I assume I did not. Is it to late? did I mess up the new actuator?

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
You can mess up an actuator by turning the power back on and running the recalibration process with it OUT of the vehicle.

With the actuator installed, and the ignition off, pull the HVAC-B fuse for ten seconds. Put it back, then turn the ignition on and don't start the engine. Don't touch any controls for two minutes. Watch and listen for the actuators to go through their paces. Then press a control and see if the actuator moves. I assume you have the dash panels off and can observe the actuator. Otherwise you just have to a functional test.

smooth605

Original poster
Jun 30, 2012
the roadie said:
You can mess up an actuator by turning the power back on and running the recalibration process with it OUT of the vehicle.

With the actuator installed, and the ignition off, pull the HVAC-B fuse for ten seconds. Put it back, then turn the ignition on and don't start the engine. Don't touch any controls for two minutes. Watch and listen for the actuators to go through their paces. Then press a control and see if the actuator moves. I assume you have the dash panels off and can observe the actuator. Otherwise you just have to a functional test.

Should the AC controls be off before I pull the fuse out and turn the ignition on with the engine running?

smooth605

Original poster
Jun 30, 2012
smooth605 said:
Should the AC controls be off before I pull the fuse out and turn the ignition on with the engine running?

thanks for your info I have been trying since 8 AM this morning I will just have to spend a arm and a leg at the dealer I can't get it to work.

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
smooth605 said:
Some folks advise that. My experience is that it doesn't matter. If I was the programmer on the module project I certainly wouldn't assume a mechanic or the owner would think to shut off the HVAC controls before changing a battery, for instance, which ALSO forces an actuator recalibration.

smooth605

Original poster
Jun 30, 2012
the roadie said:
Some folks advise that. My experience is that it doesn't matter. If I was the programmer on the module project I certainly wouldn't assume a mechanic or the owner would think to shut off the HVAC controls before changing a battery, for instance, which ALSO forces an actuator recalibration.

any help at this point I need it is burning up outside lol. I am frustrated just going to call it quits today and try again tomorrow

NoeyBlaze

Jun 25, 2012
I'm actually having a problem also, all my vents work except the main, I just bought the actuator today, really wish someone would make a YouTube video on how to replace the main actuator. I'm just trying to get as much info before I get caught in one of those moments while Trying to fix it saying "wtf did I get myself into?" lol :undecided:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online