custom Air bag drop

07ssbeast

Original poster
Apr 2, 2012
Is there a way you can manually adjust the height of the rear with the stock air bags??

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
07ssbeast said:
Is there a way you can manually adjust the height of the rear with the stock air bags??

judging by your SN, you have an SS... that being said, yes you can adjust your rear air bags... if you look through your rear wheel spokes, or eve take the wheel off to see.. there are sensors that you can loosen their mounts, and readjust them, therefore making the rear end go higher or lower...

here is a write-up/how to, on tbssowners.com... literally takes you 5 minutes to acomplish this...

How to lower your rear airbags for free!! - TBSSOWNERS.com Forums - The #1 TrailblazerSS Dedicated Owners Forum

STLtrailbSS

Dec 4, 2011
I was lucky to use that method bottom out both sensors and I came out with 1/4 inch rake. Took me longer to get to the bolt than the whole lowering process

07ssbeast

Original poster
Apr 2, 2012
would it effect my driving in the winter? I have an awd and want to lower it like the front but dont want to have a rough ride either..

STLtrailbSS

Dec 4, 2011
DROP
IMAG0285.jpg

BEFORE
View attachment 20074

Attachments

• IMAG0107.jpg
    IMAG0107.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 4

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
07ssbeast said:
would it effect my driving in the winter? I have an awd and want to lower it like the front but dont want to have a rough ride either..

no, it wont efffect your driving in the winter.. if you were dropping say 2+", then yes, the ride would be a bit bouncy and annoying... but with just a 1/4" to an 1", you wont notice much differnece..

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tpepmeie

Members Online