cruise problems

greatdane

Original poster
Dec 7, 2011
Hello all , i have an engine light on , and my cruise isn't working, this happened about a year ago and i can't figure it out, i had it to a shop and they said they couldn't fix it ...... ooookay . so now what do i do? when the light came on, i was sitting in a parking lot, after i filled the tank. i thought it was the gas cap, so i replaced it. reset by unhooking cable and light came back on and still no cruise. everything else seems to work fine. i do smell a very faint smell of gas once in a while. I don't know if it's an evaporator sensor/emissions problem ect.

anyone have this problem B4?

should i buy a code reader? if so what one?

ANY help would be great !

Thanks
Ben

Ghoster

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 18, 2011
The cruise control won't work when the engine has certain faults. You need to get the code read, most auto parts stores can do this for you. Get the code from them and let us know what it is. Someone will probably be able to help you from that point.

Also, please make sure to tell us all the vehicle specs.:cool:

Wooluf1952

Nov 20, 2011
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Also, adding where you live helps. Some states don't allow auto parts stores to read your trouble codes.

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
Hopefully you don't have a string of codes when you get it read. How have you been as far as keeping up with your other maintenance?

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online

No members online now.