Crowd sourcing ideas for rear door speaker set up

Snailblazin'

Original poster
Dec 9, 2011
What is up GMTnation? After much effing around involving blowing and selling 6.5 inch RF components I replaced my fronts with a set of Hertz HSK 165s and I now have a void to fill in the back doors. I'm rebuilding my stereo with a strong focus on sound quality and I have a need to fill the 100-500 hz range with some tight, powerful and clear mids. Having comps back there was interesting because it changed the listening stage inside the truck but I found having the higher frequencies coming at me from the back was a little weird. I was looking into putting another 6.5 dedicated mid-woofer or possibly going to an 8 inch and fabbing some sort of enclosure for it. Has anybody had experience with a dedicated mid-woofer, such as the JL c5-650 or the JL zr800-cw? Also, has anybody build a custom enclosure in the rear doors?

Juicy K

Feb 14, 2012
Indianapolis, Indiana
Im going to be running a 3 way setup, In the next couple months im ordering the Morel Maximo Components, I am also going to be running a Midbass 6.5 in the rear doors, I have not decided on a Midbass driver yet. I am thinking of just getting a cheap drivers from parts express, and go from there. If you are not a member check out diymobileaudio , they are a SQ oriented forum, plenty of information, how to's, and product reviews. I have been a member for 4 days now, just reading things and I NEVER thought there would be so much to setting a a true SQ setup. Doubt this has helped at all, but maybe it has. :biggrin:

Snailblazin'

Original poster
Dec 9, 2011
Was looking at the Cdt hd-m6. I also have a few different crossovers kicking around as well as some tweeters so I might end up stickin those in there too. I've been thinking hard about going active but the cost of another 4 channel and a processor is scaring me away right now. I'm not against cutting up the door panel but I have to do some testing and actually listening to a mid bass speaker would be nice too.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shinystar696

Members Online