cree vs hid

Dec 13, 2013
Osceola,Ia
dmanns67 said:
I am kinda interested in the Morimoto LED headlights. 3000 Lumen for $100.
I will say I am interested in those too.. Being trs actually tests their products and they won't sell junk.. I could see me buying some leds from them..

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
dmanns67 said:
Check out this lighting technology :salivate:

http://youtu.be/-WvK5WC4ns0
Wow that is some exciting technology! That presentation was sick, love how it was done. Especially when showing off the tails. Those are the coolest taillights I've seen

Reactions: 07Denali

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Mounce said:
I saw the OLED thread on hidp but was bored reading it because of the randomness of posts and never saw that video.
Most of their threads get OT quickly, and frequently. They only seem to care about spam and whoring, those are the big :nono: s

Mounce

Mar 29, 2014
Tuscaloosa, AL
Blckshdw said:
Most of their threads get OT quickly, and frequently. They only seem to care about spam and whoring, those are the big :nono: s
:iagree: trying to read through some of their off topic threads like "what came in your mail today" and it gets off topic for a good 5 pages (50 posts) at a time. No way that would happen here, even the whores (myself included) would call people down for that.

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
Midnyteryder196 said:
The ones from kevin were having some driver issues.. I'm not for sure if that has been taken care of or not..
AFAIK it has. I had driver issues with them, he sent me the new drivers and I haven't had any problems since...going on more than 6 months now.

Reactions: Midnyteryder196
Dec 13, 2013
Osceola,Ia
Matt said:
AFAIK it has. I had driver issues with them, he sent me the new drivers and I haven't had any problems since...going on more than 6 months now.
Good to know Matt! Maybe I will look into getting a set of highs here soon then!

Reactions: Matt

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
I didn't know Morimoto had LED headlights

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Capote said:
I didn't know Morimoto had LED headlights
They just started selling them recently. Since there's a market demand for them, even though they aren't as good as HIDs, it's smart to sell them to make a profit. Same with the PnP HID stuff they sell.

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
Do they have them in 6K?

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
Too bad they don't have any output pictures up of them

Reactions: Mounce

Playsinsnow

Nov 17, 2012
Capote said:
Too bad they don't have any output pictures up of them
I find this to be the case with many applications. Plenty of pics of how "cool" they look but no comparison shots vs stock.

Reactions: Capote and Mounce

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
Playsinsnow said:
I find this to be the case with many applications. Plenty of pics of how "cool" they look but no comparison shots vs stock.
I have searched on Google and HIDP, but have not seen anything since the Morimoto LED headlighs are still new. Might eventually buy a pair to see if they are any better than what Kevin is selling.

One pro I seen from the start is that they are 5000k versus Kevin's which seem to be 6500k if not higher. A con though, is that the Morimoto are 3000 lumens and Kevin claims that his are 3600 lumen.

Capote, if you are wanting blueish LED headlights then I would go with Kevin's LEDs. They are also $20 less than the Morimoto at $80.

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
Can you link me them or show me what they look like Dave?

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
Appreciate it, I'll take a look

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
dmanns67 said:
One pro I seen from the start is that they are 5000k versus Kevin's which seem to be 6500k if not higher. A con though, is that the Morimoto are 3000 lumens and Kevin claims that his are 3600 lumen.

Capote, if you are wanting blueish LED headlights then I would go with Kevin's LEDs. They are also $20 less than the Morimoto at $80.
I have Kev's and they look white to me, in fact, I couldn't really see a colour difference between them and the 4300K HID's I replaced.

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
Matt said:
I have Kev's and they look white to me, in fact, I couldn't really see a colour difference between them and the 4300K HID's I replaced.
4300K in color would be nice, but never seen a LED in that kelvin. Closest would be 5000k. Maybe it is an issue with the quality control of his overseas supplier. My Cree chips are at least 6500K. You can see the blue color on my white house in the pics I have in my profile. Other than not matching my 4500K hids, I do not have any complaints as they are definitely brighter than halogens and look better as well.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
My Cree leds in the lightbar are bluer than my 5000K HID lows. Really need to update the High beams at some point soon.

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
I read that the LED emitters are supposed to be close to their highest efficiency around that 5500-6000K range, that's why you see that blueish color to all the OEM LED headlights on the road, instead of a more 4300K color.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zenkick

Members Online