crazy question about our trailblazer

Razorback

Original poster
Dec 21, 2011
what would make you get shocked everytime you get out of the trailblazer, front doors only, even other people in the trail can here you get shocked.

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
Few questions, cloth seats? Are you wearing jeans? And is it cold and dry out?

Edit: gets me in the winter and others on here as well.

DAlastDON

Apr 6, 2014
Kentucky
Buildup of static electricity. Just like in the high school library. Drag your feet across the carpet then sneak up behind them and touch their ear. Fun times...

Cloth seats are notorious for building a static charge as you slide out.

Reactions: littleblazer

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
I simply grab the door as I exit, grounds me and then no shock. Usually happens in the winter, cool dry air passes charge better if I recall correctly. Well not ground per say.

Reactions: kickass audio

Sir ffeJ

Dec 1, 2011
Or get one of those silly anti static straps that hangs underneath the rear of the truck and drags along the ground.

Razorback

Original poster
Dec 21, 2011
thank you for info, my friends thinks its funny, I have 6 suvs/trucks, and the trail is the only one that shocks you, they all have fabric seats.

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
Stop wearing girly underwear.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
My wife's van has been doing this throughout the winter. Not so fun really. Will try the fabric softener

stickypoop

Oct 14, 2014
During "shock season" I usually have the habit of holding onto my keys and touching the body with one before I touch the truck myself. At night you can see the little blue arc :yes:

kickass audio

Aug 25, 2012
Static straps don't do a damn thing. My dad has 2 of those useless things on his truck and you still get shocked bad when you get out. For my parents cars, I get out with my finger in the little pull handle so my fingertip is on the bolt. I never get shocked doing that. On my envoy, I just grab the outside area of the door panel before I start to move out the seat and I am good. I never bother to spray my seats or anything because I cant stand the smell of that junk haha.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chirobo1

Members Online