CPAS/Timing Solenoid

Simon01

Original poster
Dec 5, 2011
Not sure if anyone else has heard of this, but apparently Dorman is having an issue with their CPAS/Timing Solenoid. I have called around and everyone tells me that their warehouses do not have them and Dorman does not even have any in stock. I checked the GM parts catalog and found that the list price for the AC Delco CPAS is about $55.00, so that may be my only option.

Has anyone had to replace their CPAS lately? Where did you get if from?

Thanks!

Guenther

Dec 7, 2011
I got mine from the dealer a couple weeks ago and paid 25% off the $57 list price. The parts manager said he would give me 25% off on anything I wanted going forward rather than me shopping online. Ask your parts guy and he might give you at least something. It's worth a try.

CaptainXL

Dec 4, 2011
Simon01 said:
Not sure if anyone else has heard of this, but apparently Dorman is having an issue with their CPAS/Timing Solenoid. I have called around and everyone tells me that their warehouses do not have them and Dorman does not even have any in stock. I checked the GM parts catalog and found that the list price for the AC Delco CPAS is about $55.00, so that may be my only option.

Has anyone had to replace their CPAS lately? Where did you get if from?

Thanks!

Many people over on TV had to replace their Dorman CPAS's due to the fact that they never worked right. Not surprised there is a recall. I really only recommend GM/AC Delco parts on this vehicle from now on. Just replaced mine about three months ago. GM Parts East website has it for about $36/ $50 shipped. That's the cheapest I have found and that's where i got mine.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online