Cooper Discovery CTS

am-radio

Original poster
Apr 24, 2012
Anyone have any experience with these tires? I have the Denali with 245/60R18's. It's not a common size and I want to run the stock size since my wife drives it and I don't want the speedo off for her. I've found some michelins but they are expensive. Found a good deal on these Coopers, just want opinions. Life, tread, traction. These will be needed for a three season tire. I run dedicated winter tires on separate rims.

Dec 4, 2011
am-radio said:
Anyone have any experience with these tires? I have the Denali with 245/60R18's. It's not a common size and I want to run the stock size since my wife drives it and I don't want the speedo off for her. I've found some michelins but they are expensive. Found a good deal on these Coopers, just want opinions. Life, tread, traction. These will be needed for a three season tire. I run dedicated winter tires on separate rims.

This is exactly the tire I have contemplated buying when the Michelin Cross Terrains that I have on my Denali wear out. I have had Coopers in the past and liked everything about them, mileage, quiet, good handling. What more could we ask for except confirmation. :undecided: I have had quotes here in Saskatoon for around 850.00 installed and balanced, but that

was for the lower speed rated "T" ones not the "H" rated units. With the 75.00 rebate this seems like good value to me.

am-radio

Original poster
Apr 24, 2012
$1200 here, but found a place in sask for $820 installed. Still undecided though.

Dec 4, 2011
am-radio said:
$1200 here, but found a place in sask for $820 installed. Still undecided though.

1200 is too much. For just over 800.00 it is not worth bringing the tires up from the States. For 1200.00 it would definitely be worthwhile. Can't believe you can't find someone who is more reasonable, Cooper dealers are all over the place. There must be 30+ places with Cooper signs around here. :yes:

rcam81

Dec 3, 2011
Onsted, MI
I have been running these tires for 2 years with no issues. They are quiet, ride good and are good in the snow. I paid $630.00 for them installed.

am-radio

Original poster
Apr 24, 2012
Americans get stuff for so cheap. Lol. I phoned around. Cheapest was $1050 all in. Buying in Sask this weekend for less. Small town garage, cheaper and I support a small town garage. Hope I like them.

Dec 4, 2011
am-radio said:
Americans get stuff for so cheap. Lol. I phoned around. Cheapest was $1050 all in. Buying in Sask this weekend for less. Small town garage, cheaper and I support a small town garage. Hope I like them.

Too bad you aren't coming to Saskatoon, Value Tire here quoted me the 830ish number a couple of weeks ago and then there is the 75.00 rebate by Cooper.:frown:

am-radio

Original poster
Apr 24, 2012
I was told $820 plus tax. Will find out exact numbers Friday. I have the form for the $75 rebate.

Dec 4, 2011
am-radio said:
I was told $820 plus tax. Will find out exact numbers Friday. I have the form for the $75 rebate.

I can't remember exactly but I think I was quoted that 830 ish # with PST/GST and tire tax in. I could call again tomorrow if you are interested.

am-radio

Original poster
Apr 24, 2012
That's a smokin deal. I've already committed to buying these from Jason. I gave my word I would buy them. He had to order them in, since he such a small business. Thanks anyways.

Dec 4, 2011
am-radio said:
That's a smokin deal. I've already committed to buying these from Jason. I gave my word I would buy them. He had to order them in, since he such a small business. Thanks anyways.

I'm pretty sure you will like the new Cooper's. I will probably wait until spring to get my replacements. The Cross Terrains are still showing a decent amount of tread but they are getting really old (10+years) and are beginning to check. I just wish Cooper would make a 275-55-18 like my Michelin's. Really like the size but I will not go back to Michelin since I really haven't read good reviews about the replacement Latitude Touring TR, not to mention they are about 75.00/tire more expensive. The Cooper's have a UTQG rating of 700AB and seem to get mostly good reviews.

am-radio

Original poster
Apr 24, 2012
Well I got the cooper discoverer CTS tires installed. I only ran them for a few weeks, before I put my winters on. I really like them so far, but a few weeks is not long enough to get real conclusion on them. They have lots of tread and look better in person than the pictures. I'll try to remember to give another update next year once I put them back on. I got the tires with the UTQG of 640.

am-radio

Original poster
Apr 24, 2012
Well, I've taken my winters off and put my stock 18" Denali rims on with the Cooper Discoverer CTS. It's been about three weeks and I have no complaints. They don't seem to be louder than the michelins I had. It handles and drives straight. I don't drive my Envoy like a race car (well at least not around corners). Lol. We did get a few days of wet sloppy snow while I had these on. They handled OK, but nothing like dedicated winters. I was sliding a bit at intersections. Overall I am very pleased with the tires. Time will tell how they last for wear and for towing.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ramblinjon