Coaxial Speaker Crossover Install

Yacdogg

Original poster
Apr 27, 2012
I have a set of coaxial speakers, and was wondering what wires I hook up from the TB to the crossover. I have some GM speaker adapter wires, would I just splice those and use them

STLtrailbSS

Dec 4, 2011
Yacdogg said:
I have a set of coaxial speakers, and was wondering what wires I hook up from the TB to the crossover. I have some GM speaker adapter wires, would I just splice those and use them

Coaxials Set usually do not have a crossover, are you talking about a component set Speaker + Tweeter? If so you take you main speaker wire that was connected directly to the OEM speaker run that into the crossover and then the crossover will then split that signal in to 2 channels one for the tweeters and one for your Mid-Bass door speaker.

Yacdogg

Original poster
Apr 27, 2012
STLtrailbSS said:
Coaxials Set usually do not have a crossover, are you talking about a component set Speaker + Tweeter? If so you take you main speaker wire that was connected directly to the OEM speaker run that into the crossover and then the crossover will then split that signal in to 2 channels one for the tweeters and one for your Mid-Bass door speaker.
No, it is a coaxial set. MMC650 Car Audio Speaker from Polk Audio

MAY03LT

Nov 18, 2011
Delmarva
Yacdogg said:
I have some GM speaker adapter wires, would I just splice those and use them

Sure can. Are they going in the front or rear doors?

Mark20

Dec 6, 2011
Though the manual is written for several models it appears the speakers have separate inputs for tweeter and mid-bass. You'd run the original speaker wires to the crossover and then the wires from the crossover to the respective speaker connection.

Yacdogg

Original poster
Apr 27, 2012
Mark20 said:
Though the manual is written for several models it appears the speakers have separate inputs for tweeter and mid-bass. You'd run the original speaker wires to the crossover and then the wires from the crossover to the respective speaker connection.
I know, I got the manual for them, just makin sure I hooked right wires to the crossover.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shinystar696

Members Online