changing headlights and discovered this.....

Shinyfeet

Original poster
Dec 6, 2011
changing passenger side head light and discovered this.... is it possible for me to remove a harness or am i kinda screwed? sorry i am not super knowledgeable...

Attachments

• wire thingy.jpg
    wire thingy.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 22

willn513

Dec 4, 2011
Shinyfeet said:
changing passenger side head light and discovered this.... is it possible for me to remove a harness or am i kinda screwed? sorry i am not super knowledgeable...

Happens a bunch on these vehicles. Cut both of the wires as close to the plastic harness as you can, and take it with you to the parts store. They will set you up with a new one (shouldn't be more than a few bucks). The new harness will have a few inches of wire, all you need to do is splice the new one to the vehicles wires. Less than a 5 minute job. Solder if you've done it, but wire nuts or butt connectors will work fine. Good luck.

Shinyfeet

Original poster
Dec 6, 2011
ok so i did that and now for some reason my lights wont turn on........ any ideas?

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
How did you splice the new harnesses in? Are you able to test it with a meter to see if there's any voltage at the splice points and/or at the harness? That would be my next step. :twocents:

Wooluf1952

Nov 20, 2011
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Blckshdw said:
How did you splice the new harnesses in? Are you able to test it with a meter to see if there's any voltage at the splice points and/or at the harness? That would be my next step. :twocents:

If you have no power, check fuses #3 and #6. (Check them with a meter, not just visually.) If the fuses are good try swapping relays #45 and #46.

Gevans17

Jan 8, 2012
Shinyfeet said:

Exact same thing happened to me TWICE. Changed the harness, but had no power. Found out that new harness had a bad connection (Dorman). Replaced it with a different brand high temp harness. One week later, no light. This time it was a burned bulb. You are going to need a volt meter to figure it out.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cunra731

Members Online