Catalytic Converter delete

Nizar

Original poster
Dec 7, 2011
hello
any idea about what can i use to delete the Catalytic Converter or what to use for the o2 sensore after the cat ??

ConeKilrAutoX

Dec 8, 2011
Nizar said:
hello
any idea about what can i use to delete the Catalytic Converter or what to use for the o2 sensore after the cat ??

hi. what would you like to delete the cat for performance and or loudness?
....well there a lot of options I considered when I deleted my cat. you can gut the cat and keep it there (could rattle) you could gut the cat and run a piece of pipe through it (still could rattle ). or run straight pipe. the only reason I deleted the cat was because of my turbo, the stock cats are pretty high flow unless its clogged and you dont pick up too much performance deleting it with the na setup. so i ended up with just straight pipe no cat =[ and deleted the 2nd o2 sensor and had lime-swap.com tune my pcm and also delete the error codes for the 2nd o2 sensor. luckily i have an emissions exemption now...

Nizar

Original poster
Dec 7, 2011
ConeKilrAutoX said:
hi. what would you like to delete the cat for performance and or loudness?
....well there a lot of options I considered when I deleted my cat. you can gut the cat and keep it there (could rattle) you could gut the cat and run a piece of pipe through it (still could rattle ). or run straight pipe. the only reason I deleted the cat was because of my turbo, the stock cats are pretty high flow unless its clogged and you dont pick up too much performance deleting it with the na setup. so i ended up with just straight pipe no cat =[ and deleted the 2nd o2 sensor and had lime-swap.com tune my pcm and also delete the error codes for the 2nd o2 sensor. luckily i have an emissions exemption now...

i just want to fix the clogged cat but if i can get some more performance that is gonna be nice but i think its not easy to tune my pcm for the o2 sensor so maybe i must change the cat :undecided:

blazinlow89

Jan 25, 2012
Look online they make anti foulers for spark plugs, it requires some modification to make it work. I want to say that it was on an Evo forum, I also seen the info on either the OS or one of the SS sites.

gmcman

Dec 12, 2011
Unless you are running forced induction like Cone, you may have negative effects from removing the cat. The added flow or loss of some backpressure may alter your low-end torque, possibly losing some.

blazinlow89

Jan 25, 2012
DJones said:
Not to mention a $10,000 fine if you get caught.

Not sure if that is a federal fine or state. I'm just glad that our county is exempt from emissions testing.

- - - Updated - - -

DJones said:

Not sure if that is a federal fine or state. I'm just glad that our county is exempt from emissions testing.

Wooluf1952

Nov 20, 2011
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
DJones said:

blazinlow89 said:

- - - Updated - - -

I'm thinking our state and federal laws may not be enforceable in jordan amman.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hanns Carrasco

Members Online