Cargo area question

pejeeper

Original poster
Member
Jan 27, 2012
81
It's dark outside and raining, plus I'm kinda lazy right now.

Can I fit an 84" tall cabinet inside a SWB TB with the rear seats down?

I am thinking I will have to open the hatch glass and load it through and have it hang out a little...

The truck I had on loan for tomorrow fell through.
 

Wex

Member
Dec 4, 2011
124
according to web:

TrailBlazer:
Cargo volume (cu. ft.)
Rear seat up 41.0
Rear seat folded down 80.1
Load floor length (inches)
Rear seat up 39.7
Rear seat folded down 70.0
Maximum cargo width 55.1
Width between wheelhousings 46.1
Cargo area height 39.6
 

pejeeper

Original poster
Member
Jan 27, 2012
81
Thanks! Not going to fit. Guess I'm going to have to arrange another day to pick it up...don't want it hanging out the back today, it's raining and I have to drive highway to get it home.

Wex said:
according to web:

TrailBlazer:
Cargo volume (cu. ft.)
Rear seat up 41.0
Rear seat folded down 80.1
Load floor length (inches)
Rear seat up 39.7
Rear seat folded down 70.0
Maximum cargo width 55.1
Width between wheelhousings 46.1
Cargo area height 39.6
 

Denali n DOO

Member
May 22, 2012
5,596
pejeeper said:
Thanks! Not going to fit. Guess I'm going to have to arrange another day to pick it up...don't want it hanging out the back today, it's raining and I have to drive highway to get it home.

Is that 80" with front seat all the way back? Bet you might get 84" if you move front seats forward...
 

pejeeper

Original poster
Member
Jan 27, 2012
81
Denali n DOO said:
Is that 80" with front seat all the way back? Bet you might get 84" if you move front seats forward...

Good thinking, but I need the front seat for the 6'6" neighbor who is helping me load/unload and carry it in the house! I don't think he could fit in the front seat with it all the way up. No biggie, I can get the truck I lost today for thursday.
 

Menthol

Member
Dec 8, 2011
177
pejeeper said:
Good thinking, but I need the front seat for the 6'6" neighbor who is helping me load/unload and carry it in the house! I don't think he could fit in the front seat with it all the way up. No biggie, I can get the truck I lost today for thursday.

Can't you fit HIM in the cabinet :rotfl:
 

blazinlow89

Member
Jan 25, 2012
2,088
Does that distance include the rear seat head rest.

We picked up some closet doors the other night and they stuck out over the top of the liftgate I would say at least 8". I had the seat way forward too.
 

pejeeper

Original poster
Member
Jan 27, 2012
81
Menthol said:
Can't you fit HIM in the cabinet :rotfl:

upper/lower cabinets with 2 drawers in the middle...it's an end cabinet, *almost* floor to ceiling in my basement laundry room.
 

Forum Statistics

Threads
23,485
Posts
639,862
Members
18,722
Latest member
bigchadwell

Members Online

No members online now.