Car/automotive TV shows

willn513

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Saw this idea on another site and thought I would share. I'm a huge fan of auto tv shows. What are some of your favorites?
-Top Gear (uk not us lame version)
-motor week
-wheeler dealers
-unique whips (guilty pleasure...)

What's everyone watching??

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
Top Gear UK
Top Gear US
Monster Jam
WRC

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
Top Gear - UK and US
Wheeler Dealers
Australian V8 Supercars

Black_tb

Dec 6, 2011
pimp my ride....................................................:rotfl::crackup:

i always hated that show they alway do something that completely makes the car useless and unsellable

i like most car shows out there overhaulin is pretty nice, was at drew lachey's house fixing some cable problem (he used to be one of those crappy boy bands) but none the less he had a 67 ford truck on the show and i got to see it before i left which was pretty cool

northcreek

Jan 15, 2012
WNY
Like:
Wheeler Dealers....real world fixes,interesting vehicles and no scripted drama,you can learn things here.
Chasing classic cars....interesting,no scripted drama.
American chopper...no longer on but,managed to string me along for ten years.
Overhaulin...Foose is the best when he isn't crying but,enough with the bogus pranks already.

Dislike:
Jesse James Garage...Jesse is a major tool who likes to tell the world HOW Awesome He Is.Sandra,what were you thinking?
Graveyard Carz...another self promoter and enough scripted drama to make you speed hit the remote.

Undecided:
Gearz...Stacey is the only guy I've ever seen who laughs when he skins his knuckles but,good retro-fits if you have alot of these $$$.
Dessert car kings....no new episodes,fake drama,some good resto info.
Gas monkey garage...does this guy know what he is doing,he always looses money.
South Beach classics....I just watch it for Robin...Ted's 9 foot tall,hot wife:eek:.

blazinlow89

Jan 25, 2012
Top Gear (both) I liked last season with nothing but challenges, leave the humor and speed test to the other guys, although Tanner is a bad mofo behind the wheel.
American Chopper
Shipping Wars (funny even though it is most likely fake or scripted) it involves cars

Shows I do miss
American Hot Rod
Monster Garage (Jesse was bearable for the most part)

DFWWIZ

Dec 5, 2011
Gas Monkey Garage-Richard Rawlins is hilarious sometimes. I gotta stop and see him sometime this year.

mikeinDE

Jan 4, 2012
I like OverHaulin', Chasing Classic Cars, Unique Whips, Mecum Auto Auctions, Wrecks to Riches, Desert Car Kings, American Hot Rod, Inside West Coast Customs, and sometimes I will watch What's My Car Worth?, also like Kount's Kustoms or whatever it's called with that guy Kount from Vegas. Used to watch PINKS all the time, not so much anymore, maybe if nothing else is on. Once in a while I may watch PASS TIME.

Hypnotoad

Dec 5, 2011
Is Unique Whips still on?

That show used to piss me off. Celebrities and high profile customers would bring in their cars and they'd give em the same JL audio sound system with subs mounted in a simple box. Those guys were good at making boxes out of MDF, but rarely ever used fiberglass until about the third season. They finally brought some real professionals to do the car audio.

Although the guy that did the custom interiors was pretty good.

mikeinDE

Jan 4, 2012
Hypnotoad said:

That show used to piss me off. Celebrities and high profile customers would bring in their cars and they'd give em the same JL audio sound system with subs mounted in a simple box. Those guys were good at making boxes out of MDF, but rarely ever used fiberglass until about the third season. They finally brought some real professionals to do the car audio.

The SPEED channel shows reruns around 2am Eastern time, but no new episodes....

blazinlow89

Jan 25, 2012
Hypnotoad said:

Their tint guys used to piss me off. Would see him putting window tint on the outside of the window on a Ferrari iirc.

mikeinDE

Jan 4, 2012
blazinlow89 said:
Their tint guys used to piss me off. Would see him putting window tint on the outside of the window on a Ferrari iirc.

I seen a website for a local audio shop and they had this one pic on their site where the guys were putting tint on the outside as well, :confused: what the heck!!?? :hissyfit:

OH another show I used to check out, it was called OutKast Kustoms, on the SPEED channel. They were located down there in NASCAR-ville and customized big rigs. But it just disappeared. I think that show was on last year or so.

Black_tb

Dec 6, 2011
Unique whips doesn't have new shows bc the owner has lost the company and I believe "remy" I think his name is has his own shop now

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joseph5432

Members Online