Can't fill my tank, Overflow issue and a starting issue?

03envoy

Original poster
Dec 25, 2011
View attachment 23543Well I'll start it off with I read the bulletin about the fuel neck kinking. I looked at mine and I can see a slight kink in the hose. But, As to my confusion..... I have a 2003 envoy with a 18 gallon fuel tank.... Which it was mainly happening with the 22 gallon tanks. But, Is it known for happening in 18 gallon tanks also? Should I buy the full assembly from Rockauto? Or Can I just buy the Rubber hose thats kinked?

Also, Once in a while usually on cold starts, The engine cranks over and doesn't start. Then i turn the key back, Then forward to start it again and it starts right up? Is that maybe dirty injectors??? Can I run sommething through it to help this? The Truck is not used very much rightnow, Its mainly used for some shorts trips to the store 2 times a week and an occasional trip to my sledding cottage about 500 miles round trip????

Any suggestions are greatly appreaciated! Thank you so very much,
Trent

Attachments

• Moms pics 2 011.jpg
    Moms pics 2 011.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 9

dave_stumph

Dec 5, 2011
I have the same problem and kink in the exact same spot. I just turn the fuel pump nozzle sideways 1/4 turn and pump away. I'll get it fixed when warmer weather is back again but for now it works.....

tblazerdude

Dec 4, 2011
An easy way to check Fuel Pressure Pre-Filter and Pre-injector is at the filter connection. It's below the drivers side rear door. When you move the key to "run" (but not start) the fuel pump primes and you can check fuel pump pressure. You can also check post filter pressure this way as well, and the no start symptom you are describing could easily be a clogged filter. At some point the filter was moved to the top of the tank so I can't help if that applies to you. I agree with the 1/4 turn and no top-offs at the pump.

03envoy

Original poster
Dec 25, 2011
My filter isnt above the tank. So i'll check that out. But i was at the gas station for 10 mins trying to get some amount of gas in there. I even tried to squeze out the kink while trying to pump. I could not pump it. I tried every angle. Could someone maybe have tried to stick something down there that would cause that ??

MacMan

Mar 3, 2012
Order the whole thing....I had the same problem that I suffered with for years, and once I replaced that whole assembly, no more issues. It has a redesigned flapper valve in the tube.

03envoy

Original poster
Dec 25, 2011
Thank you everybody for your help! I ordered the filler neck from Rockauto and I did not order the other piece from gm parts. I re-used the old tube by the gas tank and installed the assembly with no issues! Good as new thanks again!
Trent

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rgoldwing54

Members Online