Can I Swap my 2003 Ltz bumper with the 06 LT?

fadyasha

Original poster
Dec 21, 2011
Hey folks :tongue:
Been debating this a while now and planning on swapping my rear 03 Ltz bumper (basically the LS bumper) with the new model LT.

I remember reading its a direct fit on the old os but wanna be sure.

Any ideas?

Short Bus

Dec 2, 2011
I can't find the thread, but the brackets aren't the same so you'll need those also. There's a thread on the OS about someone swapping to a LT bumper and a SS grille with the part #s

fadyasha

Original poster
Dec 21, 2011
Short Bus said:
I can't find the thread, but the brackets aren't the same so you'll need those also. There's a thread on the OS about someone swapping to a LT bumper and a SS grille with the part #s

so bumper and brackets. Good to know :biggrin:

Edit:ok after some more search and digging think this is what I need Spacer support between the welded beam and bumper, the bottom brackets and correct plastic push rivets, & step pad.

DJones

Jan 21, 2012
St. Petersburg, Florida
I am going to be putting the 06+ bumper on mine in about three and a half weeks. I'm getting a new impact bar/reinforcement, the secondary reinforcement plate and the screws to hold it on, step pad, and some new plastic push pins for the bottom. I can't forget the paint either, it's coming charcoal grey. I can't imagine it being anything other than a direct fit once the steel step is put in.

fadyasha

Original poster
Dec 21, 2011
DJones said:
I am going to be putting the 06+ bumper on mine in about three and a half weeks. I'm getting a new impact bar/reinforcement, the secondary reinforcement plate and the screws to hold it on, step pad, and some new plastic push pins for the bottom. I can't forget the paint either, it's coming charcoal grey. I can't imagine it being anything other than a direct fit once the steel step is put in.

Nice! Think the install process would make a great article :smile: you should consider that lol!

Now that I know what I need it's time to start doing my math! Thanks

Short Bus

Dec 2, 2011
I totally missed that you said REAR in the OP

Short Bus

Dec 2, 2011
djthumper said:
Thats OK... are you wanting the helmet?

It was early and I hadn't had coffee, no helmet needed yet.

fadyasha

Original poster
Dec 21, 2011
Loool! It's alright! I actually edited my original post to include the rear part! :wink:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fishermandude

Members Online