Brake Pads Brand

Yacdogg

Original poster
Apr 27, 2012
I am going to get some new pads soon, what brand does everyone recommend, I like the EBC green, but I just looked them up, not sure about paying $100 a set for pads. Just looking for what everyone else has gotten

NewfieEnvoy

Jan 25, 2012
I replaced my front pads with OEM ACdelco at 75k. Everything else is original, so in time I'll stick with what works.

seanpooh

Jan 24, 2012
+1 for Akebono which RockAuto is now carrying. AdvanceAuto is a good place especially when you use their discount code. Word on the street was that Akebono was the OEM for brake pads for GM along with Mercedes-Benz.

Personal experience is that they perform better than Raybestos, Wagner and I had the PowerStop brand since I have their drilled and slotted rotors. Akebonos are quiet and wear into the rotor well. BTW, make sure to use ceramics or else other materials will create groves and too much brake dust for my tastes.

Jkust

Dec 4, 2011
When I replace pads or rotors, I go to the wholesale brake warehouses that the parts stores buy from. The will sell directly to the public no questions for a fraction of the retail cost. You can go buy the most expensive pads and rotors for the price of the cheepos at a retail shop if you wanted.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danfromutah

Members Online