Borrowing a Prodigy brake controller

Mark20

Original poster
Dec 6, 2011
Does anyone near me (Bucks County, PA - Tyler State Park area) have a Tekonsa Prodigy they could loan me for a test? I need to plug it in and drive around a bit, don't need to tow anything.

Here's the story:

I moved the Prodigy from the Voy to the Silverado. Quite often in the Silverado after a stop when I hit the gas the Prodigy indicates low voltage is coming IN to it. I've checked the connection to the under hood fuse box, replaced the connections (butt crimps) on the power and ground leads under the dash and reseated the connection into the Prodigy (several times). Last night the Prodigy indicated low voltage for several minutes after starting up so much so I told my son that if it was still doing it when we got home that I would like him to grab the volt meter so I could confirm the truck's voltage (dash gauge was reading over 14V but like the GMT360s they're driven by the computer so lying is possible). It cleared up when we got home so that wouldn't have told me much.

I plan on replacing the other two crimps today now that the weather is bit more hospitable.

I have tried the Prodigy in the Voy and it was fine. I don't know how different the alternator systems are between the two, this just may be a side-effect of GM trying to be more efficient in controlling the alternator. I also don't like the look of the female pins on the cable from under the dash on the Silverado, the four just don't look even. On the same cable in the Voy, the four female pins are in a nice straight line.

I would really like to ask this on a forum dedicated to Silverados and Sierras but they went to the dark side. Its still an active forum that I peruse occasionally but I would rather not contribute a useful discussion to the dark side.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moscoreli

Members Online