Bluetooth streaming audio options for Envoy/TB?

05EnvoyXL

Original poster
Dec 27, 2012
Hey guys just curious if theyre different options out there to play music from your cell/mp3 player through the Bose 6 disc cd changer that comes with the Envoy/TB. Wondering if there are bluetooth streaming audio options or devices you can install or auxiliary jack devices that are available. Does anyone on this site have something like this installed in their trucks?

DDonnie

Mar 26, 2012
05EnvoyXL said:
Hey guys just curious if theyre different options out there to play music from your cell/mp3 player through the Bose 6 disc cd changer that comes with the Envoy/TB. Wondering if there are bluetooth streaming audio options or devices you can install or auxiliary jack devices that are available. Does anyone on this site have something like this installed in their trucks?

Does yours have xm?

Jkust

Dec 4, 2011
I looked in to this not long ago. There are seemingly three seemless options with several brands:
One is to get an onstar unit from a 2009 or later of our platform that came with blue tooth,
One is the systems that utilize onstar and you don't need an additional microphone but steaming was still beta and Onstar apparently is Mono (but Pandora etc is also Mono),
The other is the systems that you tap into your xm system but need an external mic mounted somewhere.

I want the system that uses Onstar and not to have a external mic but the lack of streaming and the fact it cant show enough info on the nav screen yet has stopped me from going forward. To date I just plug my phone into my rear entertainment system aux input for internet radio and can use a mic on that same cord I got from the verizon store to hear calls through the car speaker.

mrphoenix80

Jan 1, 2013
I installed the iSimple kit (ISGM655). The kit had everything in it. It does bluetooth streaming for music and calls, It includes the mic to mount someplace. It also has a USB port that you can use with a thumb drive to play MP3's, or with iPod cable to control your iPod from the radio or steering wheel controls. Also has RCA in and 3.5mm in and an extra port for an add on HD radio or Sat Reciever(but why?). It was like $165 from Replacement Radios.com

Some notes after using it for a bit..... bluetooth streaming gets funky(digitized) every now and then for a few seconds and then its fine. Also my Father complains every time I call him from the bluetooth. He says it cuts out everyone else says its fine.

BTW I dont have Onstar or Sat radio factory in my truck. I tried the mod for adding a 3.5mm input and found with out those options the radio would not play the added source(because it did not know it was there?).
Also bear in mind I am using an iPhone 4s. The documentation states that you can't control your android from the radio controls. What other issues you might have I don't know.

Jkust

Dec 4, 2011
mrphoenix80 said:
I installed the iSimple kit (ISGM655). The kit had everything in it. It does bluetooth streaming for music and calls, It includes the mic to mount someplace. It also has a USB port that you can use with a thumb drive to play MP3's, or with iPod cable to control your iPod from the radio or steering wheel controls. Also has RCA in and 3.5mm in and an extra port for an add on HD radio or Sat Reciever(but why?). It was like $165 from Replacement Radios.com

Some notes after using it for a bit..... bluetooth streaming gets funky(digitized) every now and then for a few seconds and then its fine. Also my Father complains every time I call him from the bluetooth. He says it cuts out everyone else says its fine.

BTW I dont have Onstar or Sat radio factory in my truck. I tried the mod for adding a 3.5mm input and found with out those options the radio would not play the added source(because it did not know it was there?).
Also bear in mind I am using an iPhone 4s. The documentation states that you can't control your android from the radio controls. What other issues you might have I don't know.

Will that one display on the nav screen song info like the iphone screen shows, caller id plus the phone number and text messages? I want an all or nothing approach.

mrphoenix80

Jan 1, 2013
I dont know how much info it will show when playing on a nav radio. I have the basic 1cd and cassette radio. When I bluetooth stream pandora all it shows is the track time. I have not streamed from the MP3's an the iPhone to see what it shows. I also have not run the iPhone on the cable to see what it does. As for the calls I have my phone in a dock so out of habit I look at the phone not the radio to see who is calling.

05EnvoyXL

Original poster
Dec 27, 2012
my main goal was to play my music on by android cell phone through the speakers. found some gif adapter FM transmitters thatll prolly do the trick. prolly going to best buy on thursday to shop round and see what options i have for the truck.

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
Get the BlueFusion. Its basically plug and play (although I needed some double sided tape). It displays the phone number of callers, but not the name of the caller, or of the track. If you have steering wheel controls, you can control fast forward/rewind thru the controls. I don't know about the controls on the radio, as I have the steering wheel controls. it also ties into the voice command features of the cell phone, for redial, call this/that person, and other features as well..

Bluefusion can be had CHEAP if you know where to look. I bought mine for 30 bucks. 1 hour of install time later, and I was hooked. I just wish I could install it on my wife's Aztek.

Amazon.com: Bluefusion Bfcl2K Hands-Free Bluetooth Integration for Select GM Class Ii Vehicles: Electronics

I think that's the one you want.. I don't remember for sure..

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Firebaugh86

Members Online