Blower motor access

Rubberman

Original poster
Dec 14, 2011
When i took off today something (i guess) fell thru the top dash vent and is hitting the blower motor fan. Turning to speed 2 and up you can hear the blade hitting some. Speed5 makes a lot of vibration. Whats the easiest way to access the blower motor area so i get whatever is in there out?

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
It is under the passenger side kick panel IIRC or behind the glove box. Drop the lower panel or swing the glove box down. There is a release catch on the side, empty the glove box first or it will empty itself for you :wink: :tongue:

MacMan

Mar 3, 2012
Sparky said:
....Drop the lower panel or swing the glove box down. There is a release catch on the side, empty the glove box first or it will empty itself for you :wink: :tongue:
Best thing is to do both. There's 3 screws that hold the fan in place. While you have it out, give it a good cleaning, and try getting a few drops of 3 in 1 oil down into the motor bearings.

Denali n DOO

May 22, 2012
If what fell in there is metal you could try a magnet probe or something in the defrost and try pull it back out? Just a thought,

Rubberman

Original poster
Dec 14, 2011
Hair beret and a couple leafs. Sheesh

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online