Blend door actuator location

Ace1875

Original poster
Mar 29, 2012
Anyone know where the rear blend door actuator is located in a 04 EXT? no digi HVAC btw. the clicking is driving me nuts now :hissyfit:, reminds me of these dung beetles that use to click trying to escape from under a rock.

Any info on how to get to it?

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Ace1875 said:
Anyone know where the rear blend door actuator is located in a 04 EXT? no digi HVAC btw. the clicking is driving me nuts now :hissyfit:, reminds me of these dung beetles that use to click trying to escape from under a rock.

Any info on how to get to it?

You'll need a T-50 torx bit to get the upper seat belt mounts off, and a phillips screw driver to take the screws out of the rear passenger side panel. There are clips around the edges holding it in, so pull hard. Borrowed this image from Roadie, so you'll know what to look for once you get in there.

rearhvac.jpg

Ace1875

Original poster
Mar 29, 2012
Blckshdw said:
You'll need a T-50 torx bit to get the upper seat belt mounts off, and a phillips screw driver to take the screws out of the rear passenger side panel. There are clips around the edges holding it in, so pull hard. Borrowed this image from Roadie, so you'll know what to look for once you get in there.

rearhvac.jpg

thank u so very much. so the temp and mode have the same part number?

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
kingofrome said:
broke the pin which the rear heat actuator connects to..... what do i need to do?
Welcome! Sorry to hear that. Disassembling this unit is just a little bit less work than taking the HVAC unit out of the front dash to replace the heater core. You might try to drill into the end of the broken pin and then epoxy a steel pin into the hole, then do the same on the broken piece and epoxy them together using the pin as a splint. Otherwise you can see how much work it will be to take it all apart and put in a new door.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fhendsbee

Members Online

No members online now.