Best tire for tbss stock wheels

TexazReece

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
As stated I wanted to know what is the better tire to run on SS stockers? I will not be lowering my TB either. Also I was looking @ some tpms for them as well and wanted to ask about getting them off ebay ( if anybody has done what is the preferred to purchase ) or going oe route ?

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
Prada Spec-X's... in the 245/75 series...very popular in the SS field and thats what I'll be running when i chew up my RSA's..

BO TIE SS

Nov 18, 2011
I got 45K out of my RSAs. Now I'm running Prada Spec-X. Frankly, I can't tell the difference. I did drive in really deep snow with the RSAs, and they did really well. :twocents:

I bought TPMS on Ebay. They work fine. I'll see if I can find the seller info.

TexazReece

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
jrSS said:
Probably 20" tires. :biggrin:

Thanks smart ass :crackup:

BO TIE SS said:
I got 45K out of my RSAs. Now I'm running Prada Spec-X. Frankly, I can't tell the difference. I did drive in really deep snow with the RSAs, and they did really well. :twocents:

I bought TPMS on Ebay. They work fine. I'll see if I can find the seller info.

I'm going to check those out on tirerack and price em out. Thanks for you all responses

ScarabEpic22

Nov 20, 2011
Hankook Ventus RH06, if the Paradas are similar to the Goodyears then Id steer the he|| away from them! I have absolutely nothing positive to say about the RS-As, hands down the WORST tire Ive ever owned (for the TrailVoy guys, even worse than my Toyo Open Country A/Ts on the 02)!

That said, I know a bunch of guys who really like the Paradas and they work well with our TBSSs, I just went with the Ventus' because Ive wanted them for 3+ years and they've proven to do well in dry, wet, and light snow.

Do yourself a favor and run 275/45R20 and not 255/50R20, cheaper tires and they're wider as well. :cool:

jrSS

Dec 4, 2011
I agree....275/45/20 are the way to go. Had them on my envoy I had. They look good stock or on a lowered 360.

DucatiSS

Nov 19, 2011
ScarabEpic22 said:
Hankook Ventus RH06, I just went with the Ventus' because Ive wanted them for 3+ years and they've proven to do well in dry, wet, and light snow.

Do yourself a favor and run 275/45R20 and not 255/50R20, cheaper tires and they're wider as well. :cool:

Ditto on this. I put the Hankook's on and have never looked back. They grip, they grab, the ride is awesome, and they look aggressive. Enough said.

jrSS

Dec 4, 2011
Just a question....why don't u wanna lower??? Personal choice or just don't wanna mess w/ suspension?? OR are u going up?

TexazReece

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
If I had an ss I would lower it but I prefer being in the middle of both lowered and lifted for Mayo:yes:

ScarabEpic22

Nov 20, 2011
TexazReece said:
Do you guys have any pics of these tires ( hankooks ) on your gmt's

Well Im not running stock wheels, Ive got Factory Rep 20x10s wrapped in 295/45R20 Ventus RH06 all around on my SS. A bit wider and taller than the 275/45R20s for a stock wheel, but they look good and handle really well. I cant believe how much more wet grip I have vs the RS-As (also helps I went 40mm wider :wootwoot:smile: but the road noise decreased substantially.

This is the thread I made on TBSSOwners about finally getting it done a few weeks ago: Pics of my white SS with FR 20x10s - TBSSOWNERS.com Forums - The #1 TrailblazerSS Dedicated Owners Forum

DucatiSS

Nov 19, 2011
TexazReece said:
Do you guys have any pics of these tires ( hankooks ) on your gmt's

DSCN1117.jpg

DSCN1114.jpg

jrSS

Dec 4, 2011
ba2ymenu.jpg
not tbss wheels but....this is what 275/45/20's look like at stock height.

Then lowered same exact tire and wheels just lowered
aqamu3ad.jpg

Then here is the stock size tire...these are hankook optimo's. 255/50/20.
avesa4ez.jpg
by2uvu6y.jpg

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chirobo1

Members Online

No members online now.