Best Interior LED kit???

TexazReece

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
I want to do the led mod to my dome/map lights. I saw a guy on eBay that had the full kit but can't find them, I know of jetttstream but his website isn't pulling up :frown: My ? is does anyone know a good brand lt style led's to purchase and best place to get the full kit? That would be awesome, Thanks

ItsOnVoy

Nov 21, 2011
I bought all my LED's from this eBay seller

STROBE LIGHTS, WHITE items in jaydencar08 store on eBay!

He does charge a bit higher then those Hong Kong sellers and some USA ones but his LED's are the best! I never had a problem with him but did with others! See what you need..hope this helps :thumbsup:

TexazReece

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Thanks I will check into it.....what is the led style/size that would fit the TB map/dome light sockets?

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
TexazReece said:
I want to do the led mod to my dome/map lights. I saw a guy on eBay that had the full kit but can't find them, I know of jetttstream but his website isn't pulling up :frown: My ? is does anyone know a good brand lt style led's to purchase and best place to get the full kit? That would be awesome, Thanks

I will let Carlton take this one. He is the expert. :thumbsup:

ItsOnVoy

Nov 21, 2011
djthumper said:

An expert at feeding your mod bug for LEDs :raspberry: :poke:

Proceed with caution :dielaugh:

TrailBlazn420

Dec 4, 2011
I've never even thought of looking for a "kit". There are a bunch of ways to do it, weather you're looking for plug-n-play or a complete do-it-yourself mod. You can buy LEDs that are a direct replacement for the bulbs, or you can buy circuit boards and LEDs and resistors and solder everything together. I just got plug-n-play direct replacements for my bulbs and it's super bright, almost to a fault. They are almost too bright. But mine are white, so that could be part of it. If you are looking for a color, then you would want as bright as you could get.

TrailBlazn420

Dec 4, 2011
TexazReece said:
Thanks I will check into it.....what is the led style/size that would fit the TB map/dome light sockets?

The 194 bulb is what the TBs with the "dome/map" lights over each door. I have two 194 bulbs over each door for a total of 8, and a 212 bulb for the 'cargo area' light. There is also a 194 bulb in the glove box light and the driver's side foot well.

The 194 is a 'wedge' type bulb, the 212 is a 'festoon' type bulb that almost looks like a glass fuse that you would use for car audio. It's like a glass tube with metal caps on the ends.

Short Bus

Dec 2, 2011
If you want white get 6 of these

[EBAY]280803545577[/EBAY]

0915110637.jpg

the right bulb is 5 amber SMD in the next 2 pics

0416111800a.jpg

0416111800.jpg

For the rear you need to make a splitter to run 2 panels

0416112355.jpg

0915112000.jpg

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
:popcorn: Looks like everything's been pretty well covered here.

djthumper said:

ItsOnVoy said:
An expert at feeding your mod bug for LEDs :raspberry: :poke:

Proceed with caution :dielaugh:

I don't know WHAT you guys are talking about. :blinkhuh:

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
In addition to Ebay, Autolumination.com and SuperBrightLEDs.com are options. I get all my pre-made stuff from Autolumination :twocents:

Envoy10

Dec 4, 2011
I'm looking to upgrade my dome lights to led but I'm not looking for the sun to shine every time I open my door. Im looking for white or a cool white. Anyone do this mod while keeping the same light output as stock?

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Envoy10 said:
I'm looking to upgrade my dome lights to led but I'm not looking for the sun to shine every time I open my door. Im looking for white or a cool white. Anyone do this mod while keeping the same light output as stock?

Hey man, sunshine is good for you!! :raspberry:

My first dome light conversion was that way. My 194 bulbs had 11 SMD LEDs each, and the 212 cargo light had 20, although they were blue. Then I got greedy... :rolleyes:

Envoy10

Dec 4, 2011
Blckshdw said:
Hey man, sunshine is good for you!! :raspberry:

I get enough vitamin D:wink:
Blckshdw said:
My first dome light conversion was that way. My 194 bulbs had 11 SMD LEDs each, and the 212 cargo light had 20, although they were blue. Then I got greedy... :rolleyes:

Each door has 2 slots available correct? Do most ppl replace both or just one?

TrailBlazn420

Dec 4, 2011
Envoy10 said:

When I replaced my dome lights, I did both slots. I had to modify the reflector that is in there so I could fit the bulbs in. Super easy, but you gotta do that or remove the reflectors completely. I thought about doing two different colors, but both lights come on for the dome light, so I just did white all around. I went with a more "cool white" instead of the "warm white".

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
Envoy10 said:

That depends on what year your vehicle is.

Envoy10

Dec 4, 2011
Short Bus said:
If you want white get 6 of these

[EBAY]280803545577[/EBAY]

0915110637.jpg

the right bulb is 5 amber SMD in the next 2 pics

0416111800a.jpg

0416111800.jpg

For the rear you need to make a splitter to run 2 panels

0416112355.jpg

0915112000.jpg

TrailBlazn420 said:
When I replaced my dome lights, I did both slots. I had to modify the reflector that is in there so I could fit the bulbs in. Super easy, but you gotta do that or remove the reflectors completely. I thought about doing two different colors, but both lights come on for the dome light, so I just did white all around. I went with a more "cool white" instead of the "warm white".

I dont think Im gonna do both slots since Im looking to keep the same light output as stock, just switch over to leds. Guess I'll buy a couple different plug n play bulbs and see how they do.

blazinlow89

Jan 25, 2012
I ordered 10-194 5 LED bulbs and 2 of the 212 festoons of Amazon, it was like $18 with shipping, I can do all of my domes, my cargo and my license plate with this. Might have to order some more for the tails, and the running lights. Do we need resistors to keep it from doing the quick blink.

STLtrailbSS

Dec 4, 2011
Ebay t10 wedges and SMD all 12 led per bulb just for reference
IMAG0155-1.jpg

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
yea, i got my kit from jetttstream when he first came out with them... well worth the price as the bulbs lasted for over 2 years... since then, i have purchased basic 194 led bulbs off of ebay... cost a total of like $10 bucks...

TexazReece

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
This is a crazy question but how did yall remove the cargo light cover........I was trying and found myself getting mad angry :mad: then to the point of furious :hissyfit::mad::mad::lipsrsealed: because I couldn't get that Damn cover off.
I DON'T WANT TO BREAK IT NOR THE TABS that holds it in :no::biggrin:

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
TexazReece said:
This is a crazy question but how did yall remove the cargo light cover........I was trying and found myself getting mad angry :mad: then to the point of furious :hissyfit::mad::mad::lipsrsealed: because I couldn't get that Damn cover off.
I DON'T WANT TO BREAK IT NOR THE TABS that holds it in :no::biggrin:

Posted in a couple other threads :book:

Blckshdw said:
Yeah, the cargo light is a PIA to remove. Here's a couple pics of my spare. On the passenger side, there's a tab on the lens that's latched into the main housing. You've got to pop that loose, then the lens will swing down towards the driver's side allowing you to remove it.

2164d1325042706-led-mod-thread-imag0209.jpg

2165d1325042706-led-mod-thread-imag0210.jpg

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
Blckshdw said:
Posted in a couple other threads :book:
The problem was it wasn't posted in here as well. LOL :raspberry::compu-punch:

ItsOnVoy

Nov 21, 2011
Nice job on them!! They look great! :thumbsup: