Been researching Treadwright tires for over an hour

JayPizzle

Original poster
Mar 26, 2012
Hey guys!

So I bought my envoy exactly 1 year ago and I am in love with it...so much that after checking out a bunch of communities I decided to settle with you guys. I rarely post but I like getting on here a couple times a week when i can get a study break. You guys are awesome and I have learned a lot. So here where I have a specific issue with which I would like you alls opinion. I have a pretty basic 05 4x4 Envoy and I go to Michigan Tech. It doesnt have the G-80 but I am planning on replacing the rear end in favor one with a locker over the summer. I want to start taking advantage of the great trails out here, But first I need some new tires (bad...they are pretty much dead Bridgestone Dueler H/Ts...and it snowed like 4 inches in two hours today) and since I am in college I am cheap lol. I read something on here about Treadwright so I checked it out. Are they legit? Or is this one of those "too good to be true" deals?

Thanks a lot!

Short Bus

Dec 2, 2011

navigator

Dec 3, 2011
over all the boards I am a member of, a lot of members use treadwright.
There are occasional issues, honestly most of the issues I have seen mentioned are more blemishes than issues but they seem to go way above and beyond to make them right. The only member I recall that was really not satisfied I think it was more with the overall design itself than quality.One thing to keep in mind with them is shipping can be high depending on where you live. By the time I buy the tire I want and pay $30 each to ship them here and then $10-15 each to mount/balance them I don't really save a lot over a new tire. I would advise you to figure up how much they are going to cost you, shipped to where you live and then call around to a few of the smaller tire shops. I have found I can usually work with my local tire shop and get a competitive price on a new tire.

When it is time to get my next set of tires I will consider them while searching for deals from my local guys.

v7guy

Dec 4, 2011
You've got good advice from these guys. They're solid tires and treadwright goes above and beyond to fix any perceived issue. They truly appear to be exceptional in their customer service.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DIY Professional

Members Online