Been doing some work on the audio equipment this cold winter.

chatterx

Original poster
Mar 13, 2014
Holding a full time job and raising kiddos can take away from projects a lot. This winter I ripped all my audio stuff out and cleaned it all and reworked some things.

First was I needed a battery box for my audio battery. Turned out pretty good for and apartment job lol. I also bought the new connectors.
2iiyhdj.jpg
2im136w.jpg

Next was to add corner covers to the sub box because the carpet was coming off and to glue any loose pieces back that could be. While working on the box I chose to go with straight through 8ga wire to my subs. I refused to use the terminals that came with the box because the prongs the speaker wire goes on inside the box creates a bottle neck. Decided to do this instead ;-). I also ordered some pretty solid speaker cable.

5oaxzn.jpg
2elfkie.jpg

Next I ordered my interior lighting. I can cut it every three leds. Not bad, 15 foot for 10 bucks shipped. I have planned all locations I want this stuff to go. I am going to put a three led strip in each of the vents to glow em. I also am going to put an led in each cupholder to illuminate drinks. Also from the same seller I bought these led replacement bulbs and these led panels for the cargo light. I wrapped the light housing in reflective chrome tape to reflect the lights like crazy. I also lit up the battery box.

6qee6w.jpg
n4a80h.jpg
2nirvwg.jpg

Work on the amps was the biggest project really. Cleaned all connections and polished the memphis audio amp and then completely redid the infinity amp as it was pretty beat up over the years. Turned out awesome!!! And finally, yesterday I got my kenwood head unit back from the service repair center and put it all back in. Looking nice I must say, just waiting on my terminals for the 8ga speaker wire to the amp.

Infinity reference 7540a amp before

s65a47.jpg

After

14ahirp.jpg

ddc7x4.jpg

Reactions: 06TrailblazerLSS

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Nice work!! :thumbsup: I like the paint job on the amp. Looking forward to seeing how those LEDs turn out. :yes: :biggrin:

chatterx

Original poster
Mar 13, 2014
Forgot to add this pic. this is the whole roll minus a few 3 led pieces all lit up. And I really like how the amp turned out. I am surprised at how well I mixed the paint on the outer to match the blue strip in the middle.

View attachment 33326

Attachments

• 20140304_201056.jpg
    20140304_201056.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 3

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fishermandude

Members Online