Bass Test Songs

MrDJ

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Waxahachie, TX
Let's get a list started of some of the best songs to test our systems...

I must say I like the low notes on
1. On My Level - Wiz Khalifa
2. Put On - Young Jeezy
3. White Girl - Young Jeezy
4. What You Gonna Do - Lil Jon

I also like the sound of Dirty Diana by Michael Jackson

STLtrailbSS

Dec 4, 2011
MTX Excursion Test (Via Youtube)
Tuck Ya Ice
Racks
What Happened to that boy
No Hands (can be insane if they are hitting right)

I dont know that much rap but that's what Im listening to when I want to shake the hatch.

TB2k4

Dec 4, 2011
Dont' judge me or anything... but anything dubstep (I have a quirky music taste, don't know your music tastes, but id encourage you to at least give it a listen on Youtube).

Skrillex, Deadmau5, Bassnectar all bump. (Gears of War by Bold Equation, Kick out the Epic MFer by Dada Life)
Sick Bubblegum, Cinema (Remix), Scary Monsters and Nice Sprites, Kill Everybody- Skrillex

Even techno and mash-ups get that low frequency.

Louder than Words: Afrojack
Maximal Crazy: Tiesto (Sick Drop)
Maximal Crazy (Bassjackers Remix): Bassjackers
Turbelance: Steve Aoki
Slam: Pendulum
The Way We See the World: Afrojack

Some hip-hop:
Pledge Allegiance to the Swag: T.I.
Worldwide Choppers: Tech N9ne
Strange Clouds: B.o.B.
Elevator: Flo Rida
Like a G6: Far East Movement

STLtrailbSS

Dec 4, 2011
I have a playlist called CHyyeeaaHHH with about 650 Songs of every techno genre imaginable Skrillex to Australian and British Hard style lol
this one isn't the most proper song but in my LT it pushed the kicker components to the max up front there was something about it that pushesss bass out of every speaker if your tuned for it. I apologize in advanced if you take offense.
[video=youtube;tZNcnkJCPnU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZNcnkJCPnU[/video]

TB2k4

Dec 4, 2011
STLtrailbSS said:
I have a playlist called CHyyeeaaHHH with about 650 Songs of every techno genre imaginable Skrillex to Australian and British Hard style lol
this one isn't the most proper song but in my LT it pushed the kicker components to the max up front there was something about it that pushesss bass out of every speaker if your tuned for it. I apologize in advanced if you take offense.
[video=youtube;tZNcnkJCPnU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZNcnkJCPnU[/video]

hahahahha that my sir is FILTHY! and by that I am referring to the bassline.

MAY03LT

Nov 18, 2011
Delmarva
I was going to link decafs thread on SMD but it looks like he got shut down:blinkhuh:

Lately for some ground shaking I've been playing gucci - weirdo and kenex - Mr T

walterc4553

Dec 5, 2011
Even on my crappy work headphones this pushed hard. Can't imagine what it would be like in a TV with a system.... meaning couldn't someone create a video.

STLtrailbSS

Dec 4, 2011
walterc4553 said:
Even on my crappy work headphones this pushed hard. Can't imagine what it would be like in a TV with a system.... meaning couldn't someone create a video.

I can make one tomorrow for you I'm only on type Rs. Now may over there has like 82 subs he would be the ideal video candidate

havie22

Dec 4, 2011
i remember-lil boosie
juice got weed-three six mafia:crazy:

YOUNG

Dec 4, 2011
if you like newer rap then i can be of some assistance..

first things first, dont play amilli if you have subs, it will burn the voice coils and blow your subs.
Sail-Awolnation
nympho-borgore
uptown-drake
paradize city-Evol Intent
pole-gorilla zoe
vampire-gucci mane
phone home- lil wayne
U aint know - Sean Paul
Exo- Surgious halo
So vexed- Funtcased (cookie monsta VIP)
Cookie Monsta- Me want cookie

i downloaded most of these from DJ slow and throw, i listen to them all and many of them are slowed for better bass results, i can post a link if anyone has winrar and would like to download it.

havie22

Dec 4, 2011
i will download it when you add the link!i have a dj set up i can play it on!

MAY03LT

Nov 18, 2011
Delmarva
STLtrailbSS said:
I can make one tomorrow for you I'm only on type Rs. Now may over there has like 82 subs he would be the ideal video candidate

I'm rocking the internets most hated woofers. Let's see them type Rs!:cool:

havie22

Dec 4, 2011
got it thanks man!:yes:

MAY03LT

Nov 18, 2011
Delmarva
YOUNG said:

Since DJ slow n throw allows his music to be downloaded, there isn't a problem with sharing this here. However, for future reference, file sharing of copyrighted material without permission is prohibited on this site. Young, I'm not trying to single you out by quoting your post, you just happened to be the first person to bring it up. I hope you guys understand. Thanks!

YOUNG

Dec 4, 2011
MAY03LT said:
Since DJ slow n throw allows his music to be downloaded, there isn't a problem with sharing this here. However, for future reference, file sharing of copyrighted material without permission is prohibited on this site. Young, I'm not trying to single you out by quoting your post, you just happened to be the first person to bring it up. I hope you guys understand. Thanks!

i Completely understand that. one question, if its openly allowed for download, then can i openly share it? or just send the user a Pm with the link, and keep it out of the forums..?

MAY03LT

Nov 18, 2011
Delmarva
YOUNG said:
one question, if its openly allowed for download, then can i openly share it?

Yes, as long as you have permission to share it. So, links like the one you gave for DJ Slow is ok. Links to livemixtapes.com is ok. Linking us to a megaupload file with the new Young Jeezy album would not be ok. If you have any questions/comments, feel free to pm me so we don't clutter up this thread.:cool:

MrDJ

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Waxahachie, TX
STLtrailbSS said:
I dont know that much rap but that's what Im listening to when I want to shake the hatch.

What kind of system do you have?

MrDJ

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Waxahachie, TX
There's also a thread to post pictures of your setup

STLtrailbSS

Dec 4, 2011
Chevy ridin high-dre.............holy Jesus

SEKOLAx216

Dec 8, 2011
Parma, Ohio
Joe D 04 said:
A lot of shops use bass mekanik.. but any good Dubstep should work.

I agree. Air-raid by flux pavilion is ridiculous.

TrailBlazn420

Dec 4, 2011
This surprise you, but anything from Bob Marley's Legend bumps, especially I Shot the Sheriff and Get Up Stand Up. Also, Project Pat - Gorilla Pimp, Three 6 Mafia - Bin Laden or really any song by them.

Dad-O-Matic

Dec 5, 2011
First, I do not claim to be a bass "expert" but I can tell you that I can't play this song on my stereo above volume setting 10 (of 30) because I'm afraid my stock Bose mid bass speakers and/or amp will blow. It's a slower song, but its got a drum background that sounds to be about 40 Hz. (Kettle drum?)

P.S. You can't hear the drum in this clip, but I sure can on my stereo, I've got the equalizer a little heavy on the bass.

[video=youtube;RRLqirkPJ9U]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RRLqirkPJ9U[/video]

n0kfb

Dec 8, 2011
If you really want to know how accurate your system's reproduction is, get this test CD: http://www.amazon.com/Ultimate-Test-CD/dp/tracks/B0000038NC/ref=dp_tracks_all_1#disc_1

-- Dan Meyer :coffee:

IAFF78

Dec 29, 2011
Damn, this thread is taking me back to my younger days. When i did the whole DB drag thing, I had my system machine tuned. Expensive but the best way to go.

Here are some songs from my day that used to hit. They might be older than most mentioned but give it a fair shake.

B.O.S.S.- "Deeper"
8ball- "put tha house on it" and "time"
Dr.Dre- Most anything from his Chronic albumn
Sir Mix-a-Lot- "put em on da glass", "Posse on broadway" , "Baby got back"
Jeezy- "I put on"
Eazy-E- "Real Motherfuckin G's"

Let me know what you think. If you like them, I can go through my archive of songs and find some more goodies.

Kevin

lknhomeaudio

Dec 14, 2011
If your system will play low bass, "The Bass Will Destroy You" is a good one.

Also, part of the movie Opus Dei has some crazy low bass in it!

[video=youtube;i61Ug_oU0OY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i61Ug_oU0OY[/video]

MAY03LT

Nov 18, 2011
Delmarva
YOUNG said:
vampire-gucci mane

I finally got around to putting slow n throw on my ipod. Vampire slaps! Plus, now I know where everyone was getting that bass ballin from lol.

RayVoy said:
Hey Guys, I know I'm old school, but only one riff to check the bass, Hendrix.....Purple Haze

I tried a low(er) quality version I have, its got some kick. I need to get a HQ version to see what it can really do:cool:

IAFF78 said:
Eazy-E- "Real Motherfuckin G's"

Heck yeah, I've got a super HQ version and a slowed boosted version. Good stuff.:yes:

Guenther said:
Mario - Breakup

That was the song I used for music runs when I did NSPL. Awesome!:cool:

YOUNG

Dec 4, 2011
MAY03LT said:
I finally got around to putting slow n throw on my ipod. Vampire slaps! Plus, now I know where everyone was getting that bass ballin from lol.

helll yeah! i seem to hit skip on every song that isnt by dj slow and throw, be careful with "im on one' rebassed version, and/or the im on one slowed version, they seem to s\hit hard, but het the coils hot VERY quickly.

And try (off of dj slow and throw playlist)
Gold Dust
Nympho
Gangster
Paradize City
Pole
U aint know (hits the hardest i believe)
Put on (slowed)

STLtrailbSS

Dec 4, 2011
Gucci Mane- Swing My door still not a huge rap fun but jesus the bass was draining vocals on level 15 of 32 on my kenwood

smitty5150

Nov 18, 2011
Never played much of this game, but some there are some songs that remind me why I have a system.

From "back in the day"
Bonecrusher - Grippin the Grain

Flo Rida(don't hate, yo) - In The Ayer.

Want some good metal to work your system? Throw in some sepultura, soulfly, lamb of god, meshuggah, chimaira, etc. Korn is always good for it, too. Especially shit like children of the korn, or various other collaborations they did.

I guess that's not really bass testing music, just music with some solid low end punch.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brianmac.2ss

Members Online