Basic Questions about lights

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Well, you can't get much closer to the main lens than mine are... These are Lexus RX350 projectors. I should re-open them and move them back, but given my track record with time frames on my retrofits, I wouldn't finish it until well into 2017 :bonk:

20160123_200721.jpg

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
:iagree: with Carlton.

The lens of the projector that I put into my fog lights is sitting right against the lens of the fog light as you can see in the pic. Even after driving for 45-60 min with the fog lights on, the lens of the fog light is only slightly warm to the touch. No melting or deforming even with the projector retro'ed into a much smaller housing.

_IMG_000000_000000.jpg

oster200

Original poster
Oct 27, 2015
United States
@Blckshdw @dmanns67 , thanks for the photos. This community is awesome. Every question I have is answered in a way more timely manner than an actual business does. Im feeling way more confident as time goes on. Although I know the worst part is still not here yet, aligning. I hope its easier than what it looks to be. I just feel the hardest part is going to be keeping the projector from moving once you get it aligned. Am I supposed to mark the back of the reflector and the shaft with a marker so I know kind of where it looks good? Or just do little drops of JB weld to hold it? I don't want to do it permanent because I'm going to take pictures of it and show you guys, so I can get your input and change it.

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
You should have a locking nut that screws onto the shaft of the projector that will hold it in place in the reflector bowl. When I did my first retro with mini D2S projectors, I used some JB weld putty around the lock nut after I got them dialed in. That way the nuts wouldn't wiggle free, and it wasn't nearly as permanent as standard JB weld, it could be picked apart with a pick tool or screw driver if need be. :twocents:

Reactions: dmanns67

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jaywebb25

Members Online