Back up camera, revisited

halmc

Original poster
Aug 28, 2012
I want to install a Backup camera in my '07 Denali.

I have two questions:

1) Was a backup camera an option in '07 for the Envoy Denali? (If it wasn't, I'm SOL, cause I don't wanna change the HU)

2) If it was, and if I remove my HU to determine whether it will accept a camera w/o mods, what exactly am I looking for? (e.g., is the presence of RCA sockets all I need)

Jkust

Dec 4, 2011
halmc said:
I want to install a Backup camera in my '07 Denali.

I have two questions:

1) Was a backup camera an option in '07 for the Envoy Denali? (If it wasn't, I'm SOL, cause I don't wanna change the HU)

2) If it was, and if I remove my HU to determine whether it will accept a camera w/o mods, what exactly am I looking for? (e.g., is the presence of RCA sockets all I need)

No it wasn't an option. The 07 Acadia and Outlook that replaced our platform which received upgraded everything received back up camera as an option. Given you could buy the Envoy Denali, Trailblazer and 9-7X from a dealer up until they ran out of stock some through 2010 the trucks technology was really dated.

Jan 28, 2012
You could install a back up camera that the screen is in the rear view mirror and the screen only comes on when the vehicle is in reverse and when it's not it just looks like a normal mirror

halmc

Original poster
Aug 28, 2012
Supersweettb04 said:
You could install a back up camera that the screen is in the rear view mirror and the screen only comes on when the vehicle is in reverse and when it's not it just looks like a normal mirror

Thanks to you and to Jkust

May I trouble you, Supersweet, for a link to such a device. Sounds like what I need. Yo, that and a 'aux' audio pert on my radio!

jimmyjam

Nov 18, 2011
google "gentex monitor" there are more reasonably priced options out there

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joseph5432

Members Online