B pillar trim removal

gary255

Original poster
Dec 6, 2011
Looking to remove the plastic trim over the b pillar so I can clean the ambient temp sensor. I have a side air bag apparently behind this trim piece. Can I safely remove this trim without disturbing the air bag?

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
I thought the side airbags (if equipped) were in the seats themselves. For B pillar removal, the panels are just held on by clips, so you can pull (hard) them off. If you can post a pic of your panel, we can tell you for sure.

PennTB02

Jan 26, 2012
Blckshdw said:
I thought the side airbags (if equipped) were in the seats themselves. For B pillar removal, the panels are just held on by clips, so you can pull (hard) them off. If you can post a pic of your panel, we can tell you for sure.

Maybe the '08s are different but :iagree:

jimmyjam

Nov 18, 2011
i think they changed over a certain year... my 02 had it in the seat but 06 don't

anyway just grab it at the top and yank out. as long as you're not aimlessly jabbing screwdrivers in there you'll be fine.

Jkust

Dec 4, 2011
Blckshdw said:

The earlier 360's had no air bags, then came the seat mounted air bag option where you could have the plastic plates on your seats but not have the actual airbags then came the full side curtain airbags with rollover protection...which are above the pillar not behind it. The side curtain airbags didn't even cover the third row on an ext. They should have kept the seat mounted airbags as well. The b pillars are held by I think three clips one at the top and two on the bottom if I recall.

MTouz

May 9, 2012
I have an 06 and pulled my pillars off last summer to plasti dip them. No issues with mine, I don't remember seeing anything like an airbag in the pillar of mine. But then again I really dont' know if I have side air bags.

gary255

Original poster
Dec 6, 2011
The reason I was curious is because above the temp sensor screen there is what appears to be a plastic knockout with air bag printed on it. I don't want to pull the trim off and damage something.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
memoremix

Members Online