Axle Disconnect Part #

admwinte

Original poster
May 2, 2014
Hey guys, first of all I'm new to the forum so I'd like to say I love the site and the amount of tech info. I used the search function and may have found my answer, but I'm not exactly sure if it was exactly what I am looking for or not.
What I'm looking for is the part number for the seal that goes on the outside of the 4x4 axle disconnect housing on the passengers side. It's the seal that is first seen when removing the CV shaft. According to the diagrams I found, the part number is 12479302, but when I order that seal it was too small. I appreciate any help and again, I apologize if this topic has already been covered. this is for a 2003 Trailblazer 4x4 on the passengers side.

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
Welcome! I seem to remember you posting in vain back on that other site we all helped build up, until new owners forced us out so we started this non-profit help site.

For more reading, see this tech article from our sister offroading site:
http://www.offroadtb.com/articles/tech-docs/front-axle-4wd-disconnect/

That's the right part number for the seal, but where did you buy the one that was too small? A dealer, or a place like NAPA that said they would find you an equivalent? NAPA has errors in their data base, and this is one of them. Get it from a dealer. It's not that expensive.

You know the seal is the right size if a Gatorade lid fits right in.

diffseal1.jpg

admwinte

Original poster
May 2, 2014
Thanks a ton! I think it was Rock Auto that I had gotten it from. I can finally wrap this project up.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chriswilson5585

Members Online