Anyone have experience with these Projector Fog Lights?

06Envoy

Original poster
Member
Dec 4, 2011
419
[EBAY]170747684350[/EBAY]

These look really nice, and the color of the halo will look good with my 5000k lows.
I actually called the vendor to ask about bulbs. He said that H11 HID bulbs will drop in. The kit only comes with regular halogen bulbs.
I was thinking of running the halos with the DRL and drop in 5000k HID's to use as driving lights.


Does anyone else here have any experience with these lens?
 

06Envoy

Original poster
Member
Dec 4, 2011
419
harmless said:
I wish these things were available for the SS guys... :salivate:

Really?
You SS guys seem to have ALL the fun. I just assumed that there were all kinds of things available.
 

06Envoy

Original poster
Member
Dec 4, 2011
419
[EBAY]330647793194[/EBAY]

Well even though there was a complete lack of feedback, I found this set cheaper, so I got one.
They probably won't arrive before Xmas to be a present to myself, but that's ok.

Come January when they get installed, I'll post up pics if anyone is interested.


EDIT: Oh, I noticed that the embed Ebay widget shows up in $USD so in fact the new auction seems to cost more than the old one I found. Actually it's the shipping to Canada that made the first auction higher....
 

fadyasha

Member
Dec 21, 2011
1,134
Please do post the end result on this lol! I'm planning on doing this mod but not really sure how they'll turn out! :thumbsup:
 

Cable810

Member
Dec 5, 2011
690
Now you got me looking for some projectors :biggrin: I can't wait to see the Pictures!!!!
 

06Envoy

Original poster
Member
Dec 4, 2011
419
They havn't arrived yet!!!
I finally emailed the vendor yesterday asking for a tracking number...


Then on a lark, I checked out his feedback....:frown: Not good!
So far, I have no fog lights and no tracking number, and no contact from the vendor other than 'thanks for paying!'.

I'm inclined to start up a Paypal dispute now, but I'll give him until the end of this week to respond to me.

Sorry guys, it's not looking good...:hissyfit:

EDIT: And I've learned a valuable lesson.. Check the Ebay vendor feedback before buying, even for items less that $100.
 

harmless

Member
Nov 21, 2011
2,049
06Envoy said:
EDIT: And I've learned a valuable lesson.. Check the Ebay vendor feedback before buying, even for items less that $100.

:lipsrsealed: I check vendor feedback for ANYTHING! Even the 0.99 cent Nintendo DS styluses I got for my son... Better to be safe than sorry IMO. :coffee:

I wouldn't give it a week. You're on a timer to start a Paypal dispute. Get your ducks in a row - and if you've used your credit card to pay, talk to them too... They move quicker than Paypal does. (and they carry a bigger hammer)
 

06Envoy

Original poster
Member
Dec 4, 2011
419
Ya, you guys are probably right.... I just started up the dispute process...

We'll see what happens....:frown:
 

06Envoy

Original poster
Member
Dec 4, 2011
419
Wow. It's amazing how fast an Ebay vendor can respond when you start a Paypal dispute!
I just recieved an email containing an UPS tracking number.


Fortunately it looks like the vendor did everything correctly. :yes:

It's a UPS problem. It's been in town for a week with an exception.
I'm to call UPS to sort it out.
I'll do that in the morning.


Looks like I may have an installation project this weekend! :wink:
 

Numbnutz

Member
Dec 11, 2011
295
Glad to hear it's working out. To bad the complaint has to go out to get some form of communication
 

fadyasha

Member
Dec 21, 2011
1,134
06Envoy said:
Wow. It's amazing how fast an Ebay vendor can respond when you start a Paypal dispute!
I just recieved an email containing an UPS tracking number.


Fortunately it looks like the vendor did everything correctly. :yes:

It's a UPS problem. It's been in town for a week with an exception.
I'm to call UPS to sort it out.
I'll do that in the morning.


Looks like I may have an installation project this weekend! :wink:

haha Great news! I was wanting to respond to you earlier! I've had so much experience with these vendors. Some are just extremely slow in communication which bugs the crap outta you! So glad things are working out finally! We wanna see those pictures :wootwoot:
 

06Envoy

Original poster
Member
Dec 4, 2011
419
Good News! They are here! :smile:
My wife picked them up from the UPS store in town today. :wootwoot:

Now the bad news....
I'm not going to install them right away...:frown:
I've taken them apart to see what kind of bulb is in them. It's an H3 bulb.
Soooo, I've just placed my order with DDM for 5000k 35w HID H3 bulbs to put in them!
And I bought a set of 5000k 35w to go in my wife's TB fogs. I'm so good to her...:rotfl:


It'll take a week or so for the HID's to get here..... Then I will install them in the new fogs and take lots of pics! :thumbsup:
 

gmac310

Member
Dec 4, 2011
174
06Envoy said:
Good News! They are here! :smile:
My wife picked them up from the UPS store in town today. :wootwoot:

Now the bad news....
I'm not going to install them right away...:frown:
I've taken them apart to see what kind of bulb is in them. It's an H3 bulb.
Soooo, I've just placed my order with DDM for 5000k 35w HID H3 bulbs to put in them!
And I bought a set of 5000k 35w to go in my wife's TB fogs. I'm so good to her...:rotfl:


It'll take a week or so for the HID's to get here..... Then I will install them in the new fogs and take lots of pics! :thumbsup:

:hissyfit:
 

Cable810

Member
Dec 5, 2011
690
I can wait :smile: I think express shipping :thumbsup:
 

ItsOnVoy

Member
Nov 21, 2011
2,401
Wow cannot wait to see those on!! I have been thinking about those lights for a long time but never got them lol
 

06Envoy

Original poster
Member
Dec 4, 2011
419
Good news! The DDM order came in today! :thumbsup:

I installed the H3 35w 5000k HID bulbs into the housing's after supper and just hooked up the LED halo's to a 6v batt kicking around. Here are the playing around pics.

With any luck these will be installed this weekend! :wootwoot:

2907-100-0828.jpg


2908-100-0830.jpg


2910-100-0836.jpg


2909-100-0833.jpg


I also bought two types of white led 3157 from two different ebay vendors to use as backup lights. they came in last week. I'll be experimenting with those this weekend as well... :cool:
 

IAFF78

Member
Dec 29, 2011
205
Sweet lights dude. Wish they made them for the TB that would drop right in with little to no modification.
 

ItsOnVoy

Member
Nov 21, 2011
2,401
Nice!! Do you know if those LED's can be disabled? If there is a wire you see there or something?

Also if you color match the black around the light I think it will flow really nice and look good!!
 

06Envoy

Original poster
Member
Dec 4, 2011
419
IAFF78 said:
Sweet lights dude. Wish they made them for the TB that would drop right in with little to no modification.
Ya, so does my wife! She asked me where her projector fogs are? :wink:

ItsOnVoy said:
Nice!! Do you know if those LED's can be disabled? If there is a wire you see there or something?

Also if you color match the black around the light I think it will flow really nice and look good!!
Yes, there are seperate sets of wire leads for the halo leds. You can just not wire them up to disable them. I'm going to wire up mine to the DRLs.

fadyasha said:
Looking good! Can't wait to c them on!
Me too! :wootwoot:
 

IAFF78

Member
Dec 29, 2011
205
I guess if they don't make them for the TB then the universal ones with some moding would work
 

ItsOnVoy

Member
Nov 21, 2011
2,401
06Envoy said:
Yes, there are seperate sets of wire leads for the halo leds. You can just not wire them up to disable them. I'm going to wire up mine to the DRLs.

Okay that is good!! I am personally not a big fan of the halos for the fogs since the lows do not have halos or anything lol
 

06Envoy

Original poster
Member
Dec 4, 2011
419
On a lark, I hooked up one fog light ballest to one of my 12v batteries from my boat in winter storage.
Wow! That thing is bright!
And I now know why they are labelled 'top'. They have a cutoff line on them so as to not blind oncoming traffic!
I can't wait to see them installed!!!!! :biggrin:


ItsOnVoy said:
Okay that is good!! I am personally not a big fan of the halos for the fogs since the lows do not have halos or anything lol
Sure! No worries. There is no right or wrong way to do this. It's whatever you want to do!
 

Cable810

Member
Dec 5, 2011
690
Your killing me, hurry up!!
 

06Envoy

Original poster
Member
Dec 4, 2011
419
So I spent all afternoon working on my truck.
This included installing the projector fogs!

The LED Halo's are wired into the DRL.
The 35w 5000k HID's are wired into the fog light switch and the 6-hi mod.

Here are pics of the install.
Better pics will be coming. Including pics of beam pattern and the cutoff line.

OEM fog light;
3048-100-0849.jpg


Projector installed;
3061-100-0863.jpg


Halo fired up;
3056-100-0869.jpg


Side by Side;
3062-100-0866.jpg


Both halo's lit up;
3055-100-0867.jpg


3057-100-0870.jpg


What do you guys think?
I'm not sure that I like them after all. The blue doesn't match the red....
IDK.
 

ItsOnVoy

Member
Nov 21, 2011
2,401
I like them! They do look cool and the projectors are nice and change the cars image up!! I feel like the halos stick out too much IMO!! Our trucks do not have halos with headlights so I think if you have headlights that have halos those will tie in more you know! I feel like if you color match that black around the halo to red and disable the halo it will look pretty good! All you will see is the projectors you know and not that random black around the halo.

Just one thing, do those lights fit in the fog light holes put there perfect? Looks like there is a gap around the light housing...maybe that is me looking at it wrong or tired from studying all day lol
 

06Envoy

Original poster
Member
Dec 4, 2011
419
ItsOnVoy said:
I like them! They do look cool and the projectors are nice and change the cars image up!! I feel like the halos stick out too much IMO!! Our trucks do not have halos with headlights so I think if you have headlights that have halos those will tie in more you know! I feel like if you color match that black around the halo to red and disable the halo it will look pretty good! All you will see is the projectors you know and not that random black around the halo.

Just one thing, do those lights fit in the fog light holes put there perfect? Looks like there is a gap around the light housing...maybe that is me looking at it wrong or tired from studying all day lol

Ya, I hear you about them sticking out. I'm not sure what if anything I'm going to do. Probably just leave them for a bit. See if they grow on me.

Good eyes. Yes in the close up pics, they are not mounted in there yet, just placed in to snap pics. Yes, when the nuts are on snug, they fit in there perfectly with even spacing around the hole very nicely. Actually I was remarking to myself that for aftermarket lights, they were actually well built! I was impressed with the quality of the housings.
 

ItsOnVoy

Member
Nov 21, 2011
2,401
06Envoy said:
Ya, I hear you about them sticking out. I'm not sure what if anything I'm going to do. Probably just leave them for a bit. See if they grow on me.

Yeah give that a shot! Leave them on for a week or so and see if people notice and some friends opinions and stuff you know! I know that I had some mods that had to grow on me a bit till I was able to like them! Because at first your like damn maybe I shouldn't have wasted my time and money and done this then after a bit your like not bad at all haha glad I did :yes:

06Envoy said:
Good eyes. Yes in the close up pics, they are not mounted in there yet, just placed in to snap pics. Yes, when the nuts are on snug, they fit in there perfectly with even spacing around the hole very nicely. Actually I was remarking to myself that for aftermarket lights, they were actually well built! I was impressed with the quality of the housings.

Thats great actually!! I have been keeping an eye on those lights for the longest time and never got them because I did not know if they will fit right, look right, work right etc you know! That is good news to know they do though. Can you take a picture of them with the HIDs? Also how the fit looks if you dont mind?
 

fadyasha

Member
Dec 21, 2011
1,134
They're nice, i'm sure they'll grow on you :biggrin: At first I was like Ha they're not an exact fitment but then read your reply! Blue on red is good post up the final result :biggrin:

too bad they don't come for TB's :sadcry:
 

06Envoy

Original poster
Member
Dec 4, 2011
419
Sure, I can have more pics up on fitment and projectors beam pattern showing the cuttoff.


Soon.
 

06Envoy

Original poster
Member
Dec 4, 2011
419
Sorry about the delay. My new job has got me hopping..:crazy:

Here are some closeup fitment pics that you guys were asking about...
3678-100-0904.jpg


3677-100-0903.jpg


3676-100-0902.jpg



Yes, I know my truck is dirty... I will get it washed sometime this week.

As you can see both fit in there perfectly with no alignment issues.
I will post up pics of the beam pattern as soon as I can.


They are kind of growing on me... I think I'll keep them....
 

Forum Statistics

Threads
23,438
Posts
639,266
Members
18,655
Latest member
Jaywebb25

Members Online