Anti-sieze dope on fan clutch threads?

Chilly

Original poster
Jan 16, 2016
Idaho
Should I use a never sieze compound on the water pump/fan clutch threads? Or should the clutch be left free to lock itself tight? Also, my tech specs show 10 NM or 89 inch pounds of torque for the water pump mounting bolts. This seems just a bit light to me, but they are 10mm heads and I would not want to break one off. Comments?

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
89 inch lbs is correct. It's an aluminum housing. I grease my fan clutch threads.

Eric04

Dec 3, 2014
West Michigan
Should I use a never sieze compound on the water pump/fan clutch threads? Or should the clutch be left free to lock itself tight? Also, my tech specs show 10 NM or 89 inch pounds of torque for the water pump mounting bolts. This seems just a bit light to me, but they are 10mm heads and I would not want to break one off. Comments?

I used anti-seize when I replaced my fan clutch since it's a good bet I'll be doing it again at some point. No issues related to that at all. As for the water pump bolts, I think I just snugged them all lightly and no leaks. I did buy a new metal gasket but I didn't use any silicone.

Chilly

Original poster
Jan 16, 2016
Idaho
Thank you, Gentlemen! I appreciate the advice.

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
anti seize will definitely help some. I have still had to really rap on it to get it back off again.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
06_4.2_4x4_ls