Original poster
Apr 18, 2012

Attachments

• fail.jpg
    fail.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 18

Playsinsnow

Nov 17, 2012
Guess who just had a few minutes to leave a voicemail asking for a correction in the ad? :biggrin:

Reactions: mcsteven

Hypnotoad

Dec 5, 2011
I see this mistake pretty often.

Playsinsnow said:
Guess who just had a few minutes to leave a voicemail asking for a correction in the ad? :biggrin:
the-big-bang-theory-sheldon-cooper.jpg

Playsinsnow

Nov 17, 2012
But it's such a great vehicle :!!!!!:

An Envoy too!

willbill92

Feb 15, 2014
I saw a GMC dealer make this mistake on a 2005 TB and I actually went to the manager and told them they were not selling the car correctly. They said no its a 6 cylinder there is no false advertising here. Then I told them that it was a INLINE 6 not a V-6. Then they promptly asked me to leave once my tires were put on. :rotfl::crackup:

Reactions: Aarkon and mcsteven

Playsinsnow

Nov 17, 2012
Now that I think of it, some folks are clueless and would rather have a v6 than a straight/inline. Plus it's catchy, a V6! Probably do it all the time and get a higher markup sale too.

Do say the GMC dealer you were at???

willbill92

Feb 15, 2014
Playsinsnow said:
Now that I think of it, some folks are clueless and would rather have a v6 than a straight/inline. Plus it's catchy, a V6! Probably do it all the time and get a higher markup sale too.

Do say the GMC dealer you were at???

Yes the dealer was GUY's Buick GMC.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Ignorance is bliss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!

!!!!!!!!
!!!!
!
!!!!!!!
!
!!!!
!:raspberry:

Reactions: mcsteven

Envoy_04

Jul 1, 2013
What's really sad is that we all see this mistake all the time. Makes you wonder if people even bother to LOOK under the hood, because it's blatantly obvious that there's no V6 in there with just one glance.

Their usage of exclamation points is also fairly disturbing. :biggrin:

Also, I noticed they mentioned it has "Full Power!!!" As opposed to what? Like they're going to sell you a vehicle that's got half-power or something?

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
They would be better off sticking with 6 cylinder. Everyone can understand that regardless of how the cylinders are aligned.

A guy a work last night asked me how I like the inline 5 in my Trailblazer :no:. He said he thought about buying one, but did not think the inline 5 had enough power for towing. :duh:

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
Envoy_04 said:
What's really sad is that we all see this mistake all the time. Makes you wonder if people even bother to LOOK under the hood, because it's blatantly obvious that there's no V6 in there with just one glance.
Don't be so sure. At Trailvoy, we had noobs come in once a year like clockwork, SWEARING they had a rare V6 option because the salesperson said so, and they confirmed it by looking!

All I had to do was ask for a picture, and they changed their tune.

Same sort of folks who think the transfer case is bolted to the side of the oil pan, and don't care to learn the proper terms for the parts of their truck. Ignorance is curable, usually by a bit of reading or talking with informed friends. Stubborn stupidity is forever.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fhenninger

Members Online