Alarm issue

MichEnvoyGuy

Original poster
Dec 3, 2011
Im wondering if anybody else has had this happen to them. I unlocked my 'Voy from the inside of the house. It honked twice. Good to go, right?

I went outside to get into the truck, opened the door and the alarm goes off :mad: I had just unlocked it 45 seconds before.

It does this to me frequently. Its like it rearms itself before I can open the door? Is that even possible with the factory alarm?

khill

Jan 7, 2012
Just my 2cents...

Aren't the security system and keyless entry different systems? If this is the case, it sounds like the keyless is unlocking the doors but not telling the security system to chill out.

I know that probably doesn't help at all, but it's an idea at least. Maybe start with a wiring diagram, if it has to do with a databus then I'll be no help at all :undecided:

Good luck,
-Khill

MichEnvoyGuy

Original poster
Dec 3, 2011
khill said:
Just my 2cents...

Aren't the security system and keyless entry different systems? If this is the case, it sounds like the keyless is unlocking the doors but not telling the security system to chill out.

I know that probably doesn't help at all, but it's an idea at least. Maybe start with a wiring diagram, if it has to do with a databus then I'll be no help at all :undecided:

Good luck,
-Khill

I had no idea they were different systems! Either way its really annoying and keeps on catching me off guard.
Funny thing is, if I unlock the truck while standing next to it, it doesnt do it. I unlock it from the inside of my house and it does :confused:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cunra731

Members Online