Airbag wiring 2005 gmc envoy xl

Shotsy6996

Original poster
Mar 12, 2023
Ohio
Got a few codes try to erase but couldn’t, car was in a crash driver fender snd smashed radiator core support, didn’t deploy bags, checked pretensioner for ohms, getting 2.4 on both, same with plug from pretensioner to plug under seat. Need help

Attachments

• BD8C7F83-B5A3-47C1-879C-C3934B2646A0.jpeg
    BD8C7F83-B5A3-47C1-879C-C3934B2646A0.jpeg
    291.4 KB · Views: 7

mrrsm

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area
THESE Videos will prove interesting,,,

Last edited:

TJBaker57

Aug 16, 2015
Colorado
checked pretensioner for ohms, getting 2.4 on both, same with plug from pretensioner to plug under seat.

How did you do the resistance checks?

I must confess until a few moments ago I had never read up on the purpose of "shorting bars" and what they were for and how they worked. I read just enough here at this link to give me a very basic understanding that might be useful if I ever have to check these circuits.

Reactions: mrrsm

Shotsy6996

Original poster
Mar 12, 2023
Ohio
How did you do the resistance checks?

I must confess until a few moments ago I had never read up on the purpose of "shorting bars" and what they were for and how they worked. I read just enough here at this link to give me a very basic understanding that might be useful if I ever have to check these circuits.

I used a toothpick to push away the shorting bars, if you don’t you will get open or Infinity readings, with the shorting bar out of the way I get 2.4 ohms which is good, meaning the connector and the actual pre tensioner in the seat are good. I checked directly on pins of pretensioner in the seat and with the connector attached.

Reactions: TJBaker57

Shotsy6996

Original poster
Mar 12, 2023
Ohio
I used a toothpick to push away the shorting bars, if you don’t you will get open or Infinity readings, with the shorting bar out of the way I get 2.4 ohms which is good, meaning the connector and the actual pre tensioner in the seat are good. I checked directly on pins of pretensioner in the seat and with the connector attached.
I do get infinity on plug that goes under the carpet to the module, so maybe a break in the wiring there, but not sure. I’m getting to the module as we speak

Reactions: TJBaker57

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fishermandude

Members Online