Air setup placement suggestions.

03tbls

Original poster
Jan 1, 2012
Fixing to bag my TB and need some suggestions on where to put it all. I have 2 viair 480's and 2 3gal tanks. Yes I could put it in the back area but that is currently occupied by a system that won't let any space go. No room to put even a bag of groceries. I was thinking under the truck but am not sure if it will bottom on it when I drop it. Any suggestions would be great. Thanks.

STLtrailbSS

Dec 4, 2011
03tbls said:
Fixing to bag my TB and need some suggestions on where to put it all. I have 2 viair 480's and 2 3gal tanks. Yes I could put it in the back area but that is currently occupied by a system that won't let any space go. No room to put even a bag of groceries. I was thinking under the truck but am not sure if it will bottom on it when I drop it. Any suggestions would be great. Thanks.
Lose the spair and that will free up some room. Consult members BagdVoy and GotAir? both of them have fully dropped GMTs

bagdvoy

Nov 19, 2011
My compressors are mounted behind the rear bumper on a bracket that holds my air tank as well.
281.jpg

And as he said above, once you ditch the spare you have room to mount the tank under there.

03tbls

Original poster
Jan 1, 2012
bagdvoy said:
My compressors are mounted behind the rear bumper on a bracket that holds my air tank as well.
281.jpg

And as he said above, once you ditch the spare you have room to mount the tank under there.

What size tank and how many do you have? I like the behind the bumper idea. If it'll fit with my stock LS bumper then I'll do that. But my tanks don't look like they'll fit in the spare tire spot. I'll mess with it this weekend see if I can't get it all mounted or at least layed out with a plan. Thanks.:thumbsup:

GotAir?

Jan 7, 2012
I run an engine driven compressor, im at work on my phone so i dont have any pics to show now, but my tank is behind rear seats and covered up by the sound system with a leather wrapped fiberglass trim panel.

03tbls

Original poster
Jan 1, 2012
GotAir? said:
I run an engine driven compressor, im at work on my phone so i dont have any pics to show now, but my tank is behind rear seats and covered up by the sound system with a leather wrapped fiberglass trim panel.

I thought about those compressors but was to much maintenance for me. I can't fit anything behind my seat that's where all my extra batts are for my system. I literally have no room in the back of the truck unless I build above the box. Don't wanna do that. Lol

bagdvoy

Nov 19, 2011
I have one 8 gal tank. It's plenty for me. My valves are mounted along the frame on both sides (AirRide Tech BIg Red valves).

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online